mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New member
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:28 pm 

Hi everyone, I'm a new member to the site. In the next few weeks I'm going to be putting my 1967 austin 1100 up for sale just got to do a few jobs first. I have just rewelded the heater box area fit a new screen rubber I have ordered the rear rubber new Dino and starter new fuel sender unit and gauge new speedo cable and front stabaliser bar, I need to fit new cv boots, indicator stalk and horn push rear screen rubber and have the suspension pumped up, the car was previously in a barn for 10 year the last owner did enough to get an mot on it. I bought the car in June and is my daily driver to work everyday

Post subject: Re: New member
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:06 am 

Welcome. Can you post some photos of the 1100 ?, good to see a mk1 being used daily.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:24 am 

Sorry not sure how to add the pictures or links, it just puts the loading bar on, I have a link to an auction website that the previous owner bought it from. It looks the same but I polished it and put some spot lamps on. https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/25833007/Photos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:32 am 

It would be useful to know roughly where you are in the world, and what sort of price you have in mind.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:27 pm 

I'm in barrow in furness cumbria. When I have finished the few little bits I will be after £2500

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:24 pm 

Looks quite smart and original. What do you know of its history/restoration work ?.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:35 pm 

I have a file of history old mots from its first one to 1981 then jumps to 2005/6/7most early service records including new gear box in 1972 all of these have been laminated original hand books. It was parked in a barn in 2007 for 10 years as the owner passed away and was put into the auction a garage then bought it and sold it to the previous owner who did some not to good repairs to get a mot on it and I bought it in July. It has had quite a bit of welding to the floor pans, the sills look to be good, a patch on the rear sub frame front look ok. I have just removed the bulkhead to repair the heater box area, new carpet set new fuel sender unit and gauge, tank pipes new dyno and starter, new air box new clutch slave new speedo cable, new front screen rubber new rear rubber comes tomorrow, second hand horn push and indicator stalk on its way it needs new side rubbers for the external door windows and 2 cv boots