mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:59 am 

"A car owned by former Formula 1 and motorcycling world champion John Surtees has sold for nearly £4m.
The "very, very special" 1957 BMW 507 Roadster, which was owned by Surtees from new, was auctioned by Bonhams during the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Surtees is the only man to have won grand prix world championships on both two and four wheels.
He bought the car with money that was given to him as a reward for taking his first motorcycling world crown."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44826858
Bonhams:-
https://www.bonhams.com/press_release/25751/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 am 

its a beautiful car and a great history, and john surtees obviously loved the thing as he really looked after it and kept it so long

couldnt imagaine one of the current shower of f1 drivers doing the same could you?

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:58 pm 

A totally unique car - I'm not surprised it fetched a good sum - although that is a LOT!
It was a present to him from Count Augusta wasn't it, when he won the 50cc MC World Championship.
A lovely car with a fascinating history.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:59 pm 

Given the price of the BMW and in the light of the recent discussion about the current F1 drivers, what on earth is this going to be worth in 50 years time? It's mind boggling!

Attachment:
Small car.JPG

Graham

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:09 pm 

GrahamWRobinson wrote:

Given the price of the BMW and in the light of the recent discussion about the current F1 drivers, what on earth is this going to be worth in 50 years time? It's mind boggling!

Attachment:
Small car.JPG

Graham

Grill looks superb for my No 2 plastic Pig :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:42 am 

It will be interesting to know given the price that classic kids cars sell for today .. so could you message me the plus 50 year resale details of your car.. please send the info via St Peter & i will go down to the gate to collect as currently unsure what my after life contact address will be ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:56 am 

Polarsilver wrote:
It will be interesting to know given the price that classic kids cars sell for today .. so could you message me the plus 50 year resale details of your car.. please send the info via St Peter & i will go down to the gate to collect as currently unsure what my after life contact address will be ;)

Depends if you have been a good boy , Only 2 address's for us to go to, No 1 Heaven :D :D , No 2 Hell :oops: :oops: