mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:38 am 
Site Admin

First, before I get going, I always "support" Lewis Hamilton as the only serious British competitor currently in F1,

BUT JEEBUS! WHAT A PUSSY!

I watched the last 20 minutes of the Silverstone GP at the weekend & hearing about how Lewis had battled up from plumb last place to finish second, sounded like a truly heroic story, but what did we get at the end of the race? Hamilton stalking off before his post race interview & acting like a pathetic boy child. Recently, he has suggested that shadowy forces in his own team don't want him to win this year & he is now claiming that an obvious racing incident where he & Räikkönen had a coming together was a Ferrari plot. I honestly wonder if he is starting to loose it!

Hamilton however, is not the only driver who seems to believe that behaviour like this is derigeur. What is it about F1 drivers nowadays that makes it acceptable to act like a spoiled, pathetic, sulky, brat? I know it's fashionable to "be in touch with your feelings" but if those feelings make you look & behave like a twat, I reckon a stiff upper lip is a far better option every time.

In days gone by, drivers would run the risk of seeing their mates burned to a crisp every weekend & they didn't feel the need to blub like babies or throw their rattle out of the pram at the first sign of adversity, they just got on with it, put a setback down to bad luck & cracked on. Why can't the current shower of shit do the same?

The sooner these overgrown children realise that they can't get everything they want by throwing a wobbler, the better!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:45 am 

I stopped supporting Hamilton when he played the 'is it cos I is black innit' card a few years ago

when its more important to be judged on what jewellery and tattoos you have, and which 'superstar' mates you have swanning around, then you no longer deserve my respect as a race drive

aussie v8 supercars - that's my sport of choice now

no messing, massive balls, hard racing, huge crashes

its awesome

that and NASCAR, but than can get a bit dull sometimes and the graphics that constantly roll across the screen spoil it

'long beard boss'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:01 am 
Site Admin

I might add that racing drivers are not the only sportsmen who have recently been infected by this particular virus, check out Footballing elder statesman Chris Waddle weeping because England won a football match.

Https://www.balls.ie/football/chris-waddle-2-392359

It makes me heave listening to this!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:31 am 

I think part of the problem is that these days they're wrapped up in cotton wool and never really 'let out of the box' in the same way our old heroes were, they're surrounded by PR people and bodyguards much of the time too. Back in the '60s and '70s the likes of Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, Dan Gurney, Jim Clark, Jack Brabham, James Hunt, Francois Cevert etc partied like troopers but still managed to race the next day - they were able to let off steam and just get on with life. Even Niki Lauda, often thought of as deadly serious was prone to larking about at times. There was a grand old tradition of taking the p*ss and having a laugh which has disappeared now, even team owners like Ken Tyrell and Colin Chapman joined in sometimes. If you look at some of the pit photos of that period you'll see drivers from different teams all hanging out together before jumping into their cars. The odd bout of fisty-cuffs in front of the cameras did happen occasionally, but a hand shake and drink or two afterwards meant that things were soon forgotten.

Hamilton seems to have several chips on both shoulders which does him no good at all!

Attachment:
FC ba3b5.jpg

Attachment:
GH faf0.jpg

Attachment:
FERRARI CLAY e_fittipaldi___n_lauda___c_regazzoni__france_1974.jpg

Attachment:
FERRARI CLAY Niki-Lauda-1974.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S
1994 Jap Mini 1275 Auto 'project 70s backdate'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:45 am 

Not all the current crop of drivers act like a pussy.

Clearly Max is not impressed with a shoey celebration though.

Attachment:
Ricciardo Pool Dive.jpg

Attachment:
Ricciardo Shoey.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:35 pm 

I can not wait until Hamilton retires from F1. He is just so annoying and the British media do not help with their bias towards him. Neither TV channel that hosts F1 is watchable at times because of the bias. I hope Hamilton and his team get fined for not following post race protocol. And as for all that my car is broken radio talk after his collided with Raikkonen, it was just more Hamilton excuses in case he does badly. He has had contact with more drivers than any of the other front runners, are they all out to get him, or does he not give them the respect and space that they deserve.

I've not been a fan since he tried to stitch up Jarno Trulli by lying to the stewards.

By the way, wasn't Ricciardo moaning about not having his turn following Verstappen in qualifying at Austria?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:54 pm 

There was an interesting story on BBC sport about how these drivers have got there seats in F1. Ironically is all money, the whole sport is just money. Every race is now just so predictable, they needn't bother with qualifying.

The only driver with any respect is Alonso, dragging a POS McLaren into the points nearly every race. Yet he will be gone soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:21 pm 

I was saying exactly this to my son about sulky knickers Hamilton but when you look on social media the number of people moaning that Vettel's win was somehow unfair is unbelievable! :lol:

I lost it with Hamilton years ago and just wish we had another British driver in the running. Fair enough, winning is the only goal with a top flight pro driver but feck me try have some diginity in "defeat"! I hope young kids who watch him and idolise him don't think that's a way to behave but sadly I suspect they already do!! :|

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:36 pm 

BUT JEESES! WHAT A PUSSY!
Yes Mark....he and a few others are all of that and MORE!

I consider Hamilton to be a spoiled brat...his behaviour after the race was darn right rude....this is what young drivers see....they watch and learn from these "pussies".

Couldn't believe the stewards handing out a 10 sec. penalty to Kimi for a 'normal racing incident'....I wonder what they would have done if the car situation was reversed....where Hamilton 'touched' Kimi!!!

Yes, ....many are like a lot of the soccer players...diving, rolling and screaming in pain..... suddenly, everything is fine when they see a yellow card or see the ref. award a foul!

These drivers and other sports figures set examples...not one I would want.
F1 has and and always will have a difficult time making it in the US...as does soccer.... with these Pussies.....it will never make it big over here.
If you have ever been to a big Nascar event...or a saloon car race at Bathurst in Oz.....you will see what racing really is.

Nascar drivers have a dim view of F1 drivers.....I wonder why!!!!
Finally, Alonso is a dying breed......by the way...did anyone see Alonso's right knuckle was all badaged up on Sunday morning.....what was that all about????
Was trying to see of Magnussen had a black eye!! LOL!