Just a nice period picture

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
AndyPen

Re: Just a nice period picture

Post by AndyPen »

UHR850 wrote:UNIPART rally cross Mini :P

Kees
I still the remains of one of those jackets in my garage!!

UHR850

Post by UHR850 »

:shock: AA MOKE ;)

Kees.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DOWNTON Mini is what I like a lot.
Mini 1000 Super de Luxe Mk3 1974 for Downtoning it.
Collecting 60th wooden steeringwheels.

goff

Post by goff »

Another one from NZ , Pukekohe January 1971 , Look at the qualifying list , nearly all mini's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pete

Post by Pete »

Photo taken near or in Castleton, Derbyshire...

goff

Post by goff »

Pete wrote:Photo taken near or in Castleton, Derbyshire...
No f****ing hope :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

Anyone mind if I go off at a tangent and not mini related in any way........ The smock-like jacket he is wearing lends itself to the wilds of Cumberland, if that's where Edale is. They were issued in the Army as SMOCKS, combat, windproof to all and sundry who partook in these wild hill/fell walking activities. And one of the best bits of kit ever issued. I've still got one that I liberated as a 16 year old apprentice in Carlisle - issued for bloody hill and fell walking!

Tangent finished!

goff

Post by goff »

Peter Laidler wrote:Anyone mind if I go off at a tangent and not mini related in any way........ The smock-like jacket he is wearing lends itself to the wilds of Cumberland, if that's where Edale is. They were issued in the Army as SMOCKS, combat, windproof to all and sundry who partook in these wild hill/fell walking activities. And one of the best bits of kit ever issued. I've still got one that I liberated as a 16 year old apprentice in Carlisle - issued for bloody hill and fell walking!

Tangent finished!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Peak district , Derbyshire , No hope for you either :lol: :lol: :lol:

Simon776

Post by Simon776 »

Pete wrote:Photo taken near or in Castleton, Derbyshire...
The same location in August 2016
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.36430 ... 312!8i6656
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Peter Laidler

Post by Peter Laidler »

Ooooops, They always used to say never but NEVER give an Army Officer a map or a compass. But Edale sounded so Cumberlandish and those mountains in the background gave me the shakes!

JohnA
Location: Up north where men are men and sheep are frightened

Post by JohnA »

The photo was taken next to Edale Station just outside the village and start of the Pennine Way
Castletown is about 6 miles away
I lived in the village of Hope in the Hope Valley for 30 yrs and Castletown was always beyond hope :lol: :oops: