Goodwood Revival 2019 13-15 September

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
mk1coopers

Re: Goodwood Revival 2019 13-15 September

Post by mk1coopers »

I saw a good few people sitting on the wings of cars (mine and others), a calendar is a cracking idea, I've got a few nice shots, (Pete's just been sent one of them in an email :lol: )

billycooper

Post by billycooper »

Just looked a fab weekend, all the pics are great, gutted to have missed it all, pretty much caught up with it all now

Anybody know why so many cars got thrown out of St Marys race 2 ?, including Winner Grant Williams
Steve "Murph"
---------------------------------------------
1960 Morris Mini-Minor 1380 KEC112

Pandora

Post by Pandora »

mk1coopers wrote:I saw a good few people sitting on the wings of cars (mine and others), a calendar is a cracking idea, I've got a few nice shots, (Pete's just been sent one of them in an email :lol: )
Has your heart rate recovered from the blonde lass and her pals yet? :shock:

Al

Polarsilver

Post by Polarsilver »

Just arrived back from Goodwood +2 days in the New Forest.. Many Thanks to Mark / Alex & all those who attended .. i had a great time & my young Grandson did not want to go home & neither did I .. not so good was the gravel dust of the type that covered Minis parked behind the Grandstand .. One Mini Owner challenged a Woman who was writing Love Tokens into the Bonnet Dust of his car .. a full load of foul mouth response came out of her mouth with a final comment that he did not deserve to own that car.
The Weekend proved that 4off Dancer Girls all together can sit on a Mk1 Mini Bonnet & Wings providing they can jam in their Shoe Heels behind the front Bumper so Legs crossed they can maintain the pose .
Interesting to see that the John Lennon Mini & Rolls are now finished with Laser Cut Decals :roll:
Yes a very good Goodwood Weekend :D

Mark / Alex .. please please can we get another Forum/Goodwood invite for the Mk1 Cooper 60th due in 2021 ;)

Tim Harber

Post by Tim Harber »

mk1coopers wrote:I saw a good few people sitting on the wings of cars (mine and others), a calendar is a cracking idea, I've got a few nice shots, (Pete's just been sent one of them in an email :lol: )
This is my view whilst eating my lunch out of the sun

Under the wing and loads of rivets to count

ImageDC3 COPY by tim.harber, on Flickr

Must look up if DC3's had multiple pot calipers in period....

Terrific day

Thanks to Alex and Mark

billycooper

Post by billycooper »

billycooper wrote:Just looked a fab weekend, all the pics are great, gutted to have missed it all, pretty much caught up with it all now

Anybody know why so many cars got thrown out of St Marys race 2 ?, including Winner Grant Williams

Arr illegal rollers rockers .. in the motorsport news 13 disqualified!
Steve "Murph"
---------------------------------------------
1960 Morris Mini-Minor 1380 KEC112

mk1coopers

Post by mk1coopers »

Pandora wrote:
Has your heart rate recovered from the blonde lass and her pals yet? :shock:

Al
Just about :lol:

mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

mk1 wrote:That bike was one of my high spots in the whole weekend. It was powered by a small model Radial engine.

It was only any good for chugging round the paddock, but looked totally awesome!
I have also seen that amazing Peugeot Radial engined bike at a Brooklands Classic Motorcycle event, there is a Youtube video of it running here:-
Peugeot Radial engine...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OqrjPofHMQ

"It’s based on a 1930s Peugeot rolling chassis but powered by a three-speed, 100cc, nine-cylinder radial engine, that runs on methanol/oil premix and has
total loss lubrication. It revs to 7000rpm, produces 7bhp and weighs just 28kg."
https://www.builtmag.co.uk/custom-motor ... rs/bo-hare

WMU 211G

Post by WMU 211G »

Polarsilver wrote:Just arrived back from Goodwood +2 days in the New Forest.. Many Thanks to Mark / Alex & all those who attended .. i had a great time & my young Grandson did not want to go home & neither did I .. not so good was the gravel dust of the type that covered Minis parked behind the Grandstand .. One Mini Owner challenged a Woman who was writing Love Tokens into the Bonnet Dust of his car .. a full load of foul mouth response came out of her mouth with a final comment that he did not deserve to own that car.
The Weekend proved that 4off Dancer Girls all together can sit on a Mk1 Mini Bonnet & Wings providing they can jam in their Shoe Heels behind the front Bumper so Legs crossed they can maintain the pose .
Interesting to see that the John Lennon Mini & Rolls are now finished with Laser Cut Decals :roll:
Yes a very good Goodwood Weekend :D

Mark / Alex .. please please can we get another Forum/Goodwood invite for the Mk1 Cooper 60th due in 2021 ;)
I didn't see it at Goodwood (I was there on Friday only, sadly) but the Lennon Rolls you're referring to would have been the one of two replicas, one is accurate and based on an identical Phantom V while the other is not and is based on a shorter Silver Cloud III. The original is back in America or Canada I believe. On the replicas, some of the decoration was done with paint and some with vinyl, one of the guys who worked on the accurate replica did some of the work on Lennon's original car at JP Fallon's works back in '67 ;)
Nidge

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S

Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Chewie Baker wrote:
mk1 wrote:I hope the Luscious Lovelies asked the owners if they minded them sitting on their cars!!!!
this cheeky cow didn't ask when she started inspecting my engine bay!
Almost "Winking her kipper" :lol: :lol: :lol: