mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blyton 2019
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:40 pm 

Great Blyton weekend, thanks Mark and Pete, shame it got damp mid afternoon Monday but it could have been like that all weekend. CC was an amazing, interesting and humble speaker on Sunday evening, a true heroin, thanks for getting her there Pete.

spoon.450 wrote:
Had a great day today....was good to catch up with some familiar faces, put faces to names, and also meet new enthusiasts. Thanks to Bill for letting me have a drive of his 145 bhp 1380 BMW motorbike headed mini......very smooth and powerful :D .....and Paul Bates for letting me drive his original GRX 309D....what a privilege ! Some very fast, well sorted cars there today.....credit to the owners. Felt sorry for my mate Gaz who drove there with me ( Red / black split 45'd mk2 ) who only got into second gear on his first lap before losing all drive :o .....we think it's a selector problem....but he had to be trailered back home to Buxton. Big thanks to Mark, Pete...and all involved :D :D
Dave ( Rover P555 GRX Today )

You are more than welcome Dave, needs a shorter FD, nice to finally put a face to the name too :D

Bill
Black and Blue XOC233
White and Black N765UJB

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:03 pm 

Again... same feelings from Portugal! Really enjoyed the event. The cars, the people, the action...
It was well worth the trip.
If all goes to plan, we'll have to be back with a car next year to take part in the action! :D

Many thanks to those who take the time to put this event together! :)

Also, thanks Bill and the '59 guys for the rides and a taste of the track fun!... Great group of people there.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:44 pm 

Many thanks to Mark and Pete, again we really enjoyed Blyton (for the full 2 days) a top event for us! Cristabel was perfect, loved her story's. Met a lot of nice people and cars in person, always better than via internet.

See you next year,

Matthijs and Thomas.
(Sandy Beige Cooper S replica)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you very, very much to all the people who took time to play a part in our unusual Mini event.

It is truly touching to hear how much people enjoyed it.

I can confirm that Pete & I already have plans for next years event, which I can confirm (subject to Blyton's availability & Javelin being prepared to continue to play a part) will be held over the bank holiday Saturday Night & Sunday at the same time next year.

We already have a few ideas to mix things up a little, as after such a great weekend we are determined to put on an even better event next year.

I would personally like to thank Julian Harber for helping to line up our fantastic speaker Christabel Carlisle, Jeff who has handled the gate more or less single handedley for the second year running & of course everyone who brought their cars & put their hand in their pocket to take part in the track action.

Thanks to all the brilliant support & your generosity, on the day we raised well over £2,000 which has now been counted & will appear on our just giving page within the next 24 hours. If you weren't able to attend, but would like to make a donation either large or small, please visit our "Just Giving" page here.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/flannersad6

As a side note, I think this year was to my knowledge, our most international so far with people attending from places as far afield as France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Austria & Portugal as well as Ireland, the Isle of man, Scotland, Wales & of course all corners of England.

Thanks again,

mark F

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

Oh & by the way, I am pleased to be able to confirm that Adam has now managed to hose down the insides of his trousers after his monumental spin in the 1300 on Monday.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:51 pm 

mk1 wrote:

I would personally like to thank Julian Harber for helping to line up our fantastic speaker Christabel Carlisle, Jeff who has handled the gate more or less single handedley for the second year running & of course everyone who brought their cars & put their hand in their pocket to take part in the track action.

I'd like to echo that Mark, Julian set up the talk with Christabel, and how entertining and inspiring she was!

And what would we have done without Jeff?? What a hero, and hopefully next year we'll get more help :? , plus he brought George Jackson along aswell who'd be a great combo with Jeff Williamson next year to talk about rallycross. Next year will definately be a one day event and as Mark says we have some new ideas to add to the day.

The interntional flavour was great this year and huge respect to Nic Pinon for bringing four cars to the event all the way from France.

I only got a few laps in the Hornet but thoroughly enjoyed them, that inner circuit is a hoot! Its fair to say the yellow run off strip at the exit of the top left hander was fully utilised! :lol: :lol:

Some piccies...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:53 pm 

a few more...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:57 pm 

and more

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:01 pm 

more pics

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:03 pm 

more....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next