mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Ringo's Hooper
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:48 pm 

Probably a stupid comment but I wonder if there are any pictures in the Beatles Museum archives or the local Liverpool press archives from the time it was on display that are hidden away in a storage box somewhere. I also wonder if there are any pictures in America. Sadly it was not the digital age then! Happy hunting.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:22 pm 

hanlminiman wrote:
Probably a stupid comment but I wonder if there are any pictures in the Beatles Museum archives or the local Liverpool press archives from the time it was on display that are hidden away in a storage box somewhere. I also wonder if there are any pictures in America. Sadly it was not the digital age then! Happy hunting.

Maybe Cliff but I'm specifically after 1960s photos. Never seen one of the back. The rear hatch I still think is a mystery as it's not your usual Radford design at all despite being done around the same time as mine. Done by Hooper? Later conversion? There's evidence on the hatch door of the MGB springs that Radford used though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:42 pm 

Maybe there is a fan from the time who took a photo with a Brownie 127 as the car sped away from the Weybridge home or Abbey Road?
I like you suspect that W&P carried out extra work and upgrades on the early Radfords/Hoopers in the late 1960's/early 1970's. I now think mine had some work done around 1973 as it had been registered with a dealer from December 1971 until January 1974 before it went back into private ownership.
I read somewhere that Eddie Collins thought the hatchbacks had a 3 year shelf life but they may have been the 1966 cars. The MGB hinges probably weren't up to longevity when the cars were used regularly especially with the weight of the early hatchbacks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:11 pm 

nick@dunsdale wrote:
That BAC is an ugly sucker :D
i suppose it has some historical significance though.

They say the decade of no taste was the 70's, for the mini i think it was the 80's, the era of the nudge bar :lol:
W/P built some ugly cars in the 80's, much prefer the 60's and early 70's cars.
..Totally agree.. its a baby elephant !! no class or finesse of a coachbuilt mk1 or 2....take for example Denny Laines mk2 S.. WHAT A BEAUT !!!... foxy52

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7