mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: JD Classics
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:46 am 

never heard of scott turner? one of the best in the business, i can vouch for that!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:54 am 

Scott Turner is indeed an expert on Mini's. Also very personable & helpful in a very understated way.Always happy to offer good advice & encouragement if asked.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:00 am 

No.... Scott Turner had passed me by Ian. :o

A name to remember then.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:51 pm 

Scott is one of my best mates . One of the many attributes that Scott has is that he won't take credit for other people's work . He will freely admit that in general he doesn't do the paint and bodywork due to his hectic workload at JDs. Scotts skill set is the ability to build up rare ferraris , lambos , old jags etc from the ground up . Hence why he works at JD classics . .. Hes a nice fella Andrew . .. ... ken

70 1275 GT
246 Ferrari Dino
997 Porsche turbo
MPI modified
Transit van
Minisprint Trickett

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:15 am 

swifty wrote:
Scott is one of my best mates . One of the many attributes that Scott has is that he won't take credit for other people's work . He will freely admit that in general he doesn't do the paint and bodywork due to his hectic workload at JDs. Scotts skill set is the ability to build up rare ferraris , lambos , old jags etc from the ground up . Hence why he works at JD classics . .. Hes a nice fella Andrew . .. ... ken

Plus he has won Bulee concourse a good few times. Top bloke and not into forums or Facebook etc. A fair share of the coopers sold by JD's are restored by one of our members here, they have also won Bulee on a number of occasions but like Scott keep a low profile.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:00 am 

I hope that MCR Bulee does not become like other major car clubs such a AMOC where their concours just has to be won by a very high quality no expense spared company restored "client entrant" .. OK there is a place for such JD excellent & these no expense spared & maybe over restored cars .. but please Not at the expense of the genuine enthusiast who pays for his bits as he can afford and spends those long winter hours on his true concours car.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:20 pm 

Lets not forget that any concours restored car is in that mint as you say over restored condition for a short period maybe in its future life , post restoration . So that's the best time to show it . It then maybe sold on to someone who will use it as was intended and over the years will then get that lovely patina . I've a mini I won my class at bulee with in 2016 . I've since been using that car regularly . I now wouldn't have a chance of winning a trophy with it . .... Nev , yes the member on this forum who also restores JDs minis also has a well earned reputation ...... ken

70 1275 GT
246 Ferrari Dino
997 Porsche turbo
MPI modified
Transit van
Minisprint Trickett