mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:49 pm 

UPDATE!

After protracted negotiations with Javelin Trackdays, we have not been able to secure a second day for this years event.

So, it's back to plan A.

Arrive from about 5pm Saturday afternoon, entertainment (or something Saturday night) a full days track activity on Sunday, some people usually stay over until Monday morning, but there won't be any official events on Sunday night.

Thanks for your interest.

mark F

Due to the popular demand for this year's event, which has taken Mark and myself by surprise, we've been offered the option to have the Monday 1st May at Blyton aswell as the preceeding Sunday that we already have (sadly Saturday is not available). We didn't plan a two day event this year due to new restrictions placed upon us to get a minimum of 50 cars per day, which we didn't get last year. Seeing as we've got around 55 cars booked for Sunday and about 20 cars on the reserve list we want to gauge demand for a second day on the Monday. We could easily run a different circuit for the Monday.

So what we really need to know very soon is :

Is there anyone already booked for Sunday who would also book the Monday on track if offered the chance? (not talking about swapping days, just adding an extra booking to your existing).

Are there also any drivers who would like to book the Monday who are on the reserve list already for Sunday (in the likelyhood they won't get a Sunday run) or anyone else here who would like to go on track on the Monday who is neither on the reserve list or has a booking?

It's quite important we get feedback as soon as we can in order to try and fill the Monday.Some may have replied on a previous thread but please do so here aswell.

Jeroen has already clarified that the Maximum Mini display is set for Sunday and will not change, that goes for the Cox GTM 50th celebration, though any participants would of course be welcome to stay over should we go for the Monday.

Over to you , your feedback gratefully appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:07 pm 

I'm on the reserve list, but would do Monday. I'd guess a couple of mates would also.
Cheers
Dave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:00 pm 

Good idea Pete.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:56 pm 

Just the Sunday for me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:31 pm 

Just shows how accurate these polls can be, we have 20 cars on the reserve list and only four votes so far. Tha's a worse turn out than the Lib Dems get. :lol:

So I'll bat this back to Javelin and see if they want to run with it. I think it'd be nice to have the option to stay for Monday and we could always open it up to other classic car groups.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:08 pm 

Fingers crossed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:56 pm 

Pete wrote:
Just shows how accurate these polls can be, we have 20 cars on the reserve list and only four votes so far. Tha's a worse turn out than the Lib Dems get. :lol:

So I'll bat this back to Javelin and see if they want to run with it. I think it'd be nice to have the option to stay for Monday and we could always open it up to other classic car groups.

Everybody must be going to Stoneleigh on Monday Pete ????

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:59 pm 

Is the Monday a bank holiday or a normal work day?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:15 pm 

Its a bank holiday. Still waiting for an answer from Javelin about this. I'l give it til Monday.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:54 pm 

hi , if the monday goes ahead would it be possable to pay on the day if not fully booked ?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next