Driveshafts

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
Nmsc1

Driveshafts

Post by Nmsc1 »

Hi all,

New member here!

I’m looking for “skinny” drive shafts, it’s for a project car/s. I help a team that races a junior mini. Limited engine mods, low power, so I figured if I could find some of these so called thinner driveshafts then it’d save an ounce or so of total weight & also reduce drivetrain weights, hoping that all the little bits add up. Despite my internet searches (hampered by my lack of tech skills :D ) I’ve been unable to locate any or indeed pin down which models they may have been made for.

If anyone has any for sale, pairs, odd ones, or knows of a correct name, model or even contact details of where they could be available, I’d be grateful to hear.

Thanks in advance
Kev
imack

Re: Driveshafts

Post by imack »

I saw them years ago when I used to mot loads of minis.
I think they were fitted for a very brief period before reverting to ordinary shafts again.
Something makes me think the mini Sprites from around 1983 had them so we're probably also fitted to mini city's and mayfairs of the same period.

Thinking about it I'm pretty certain it was the very last of the 10" wheel drum braked cars that had them, as soon as 12" wheel and discs came out the shafts went back to fat ones.
Last edited by imack on Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abs

Post by abs »

Mini City E models had them for sure.
JohnA
Location: Up north where men are men and sheep are frightened

Post by JohnA »

I'm sure I've got a set, I'll check tomorrow
rolesyboy

Post by rolesyboy »

Message sent. Cheers
Rolesyboy
Nmsc1

Post by Nmsc1 »

Thanks to all for your messages, very helpful 👍🏻 Gives me something to go on at least 🤞🏻
CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

I have a set and I believe they came with a 998 auto complete power unit, sub and suspension. I cleaned then up and installed in my 1360 Cooper S. I removed them when a outer CV went to clicking. I don't expect being in the US would help. Steve (CTR)