Diff covers

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
Aginley

Diff covers

Post by Aginley »

Wanted hardy spicer diff covers to fit a 333 box.
Think they are a different internal diameter for the Hardy’s
iain1967s

Re: Diff covers

Post by iain1967s »

I used the MiniSpares rod change version, and cut the detent lug off with a hacksaw

https://www.minispares.com/product/Classic/22G420.aspx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by iain1967s on Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rolandino

Post by Rolandino »

Hi, I had the same problem after I found out that one of my covers had a split in it. I bought one of the 22G420 side covers and with a fret saw I cut off the "ear" for the detent on a rod change gearbox. With careful sanding and painting, you cant see the difference. R
kit of bits

Post by kit of bits »

I had HS outputs on my 333 box using 420 side covers..
D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spider

Post by Spider »

Just as another option here, some of the side covers for the Rubber Joints had extra meat cast in to them (quite like the same casting as S Plates) and can easily be turned in a lathe to take the S Bush and Seal. I haven't needed these in recent years, but in the 80's I did loads on them.
Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Post by Andrew1967 »

That's what I have on 9748KO Chris ... 15 years on and never had a problem or leak !

That said, I'd have fitted 420's if I had them at the time ;)
360gts

Post by 360gts »

Andrew1967 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:39 pm That's what I have on 9748KO Chris ... 15 years on and never had a problem or leak !

That said, I'd have fitted 420's if I had them at the time ;)
I have turned many of the standard side plates and fitted the larger bush/seal...and as Andrew stated...no issues. Been doing this for years.
It is an inexpensive solution to the 420's ...............and there is an an abundant supply of the standard ones.