Mainly Minis Edinburgh Window sticker

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
Pandora

Mainly Minis Edinburgh Window sticker

Post by Pandora »

Maybe this is one for the Scottish members, but I'd like to get hold of a 'Mainly Minis' window sticker for the van at some point - the yellow and blue oblong ones from when Robin had the shop on Dalkeith Rd.

If anyone has one kicking about in a drawer, give me a shout

Cheers,

Al
111Robin

Re: Mainly Minis Edinburgh Window sticker

Post by 111Robin »

Paid him a few visits over the years but never had a sticker unfortunately. Usually a mad dash over the bridge after work before he closed.
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

My Brother used to work on Saturdays in the butchers a couple of doors up the road from the shop (the butcher was our neighbour) and told me Robin's second name was 'Banks'.

The absolute B*****D! For years I thought his name was Robin Banks! :lol:

Al
111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

Pandora wrote: ↑Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:18 pm My Brother used to work on Saturdays in the butchers a couple of doors up the road from the shop (the butcher was our neighbour) and told me Robin's second name was 'Banks'.

The absolute B*****D! For years I thought his name was Robin Banks! :lol:

Al
Glad to see someone as gullible as me. One of my pals told me his work mate was called Hugh Jarse, I just thought it was a foreign name, fair enough, they played me on that for months before I twigged!! Never trust your mates πŸ™‚
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Has anyone seen Mike Hunt?
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

111Robin wrote: ↑Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:44 pm One of my pals told me his work mate was called Hugh Jarse, I just thought it was a foreign name, fair enough, they played me on that for months before I twigged!! Never trust your mates πŸ™‚
There is an old car collector who owned a very nice Bizzarini, and his name is 'Hugh James' and it always makes me smile to think 'ah well, at least he met his!' :lol:

Al
111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

Shirley Nott
mgcm1598

Post by mgcm1598 »

Stuck down many years ago, so not for sale, but feast your eyes on this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

That's the one!

Could you perhaps scan it (and measure it)? Worst ways I can have one printed

Al
mgcm1598

Post by mgcm1598 »

I certainly can Al.
I'll have a go at scanning it and add dimensions with my next reply.
Inside the folder that has the sticker on, I found a photocopy of the Special Tuning catalogue for 1275GT and Cooper S, a couple of period magazine articles (1275GT, standard versus Pluspac "S" and also Special Tuning's Clubman with Miglia spec 998 - 90bhp with drum brakes...) and a brochure for Jomo 8-port alloy cylinder heads!