Mk1 Grille surround

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
PFOtley

Mk1 Grille surround

Post by PFOtley »

I am looking for an original grille surround in good condition to complete the restoration.
Regards
Peter
green&white

Re: Mk1 Grille surround

Post by green&white »

I have a genuine BL S/H one that has no dents but needs re-chroming.
PM me if it's of interest.
PFOtley

Post by PFOtley »

Hi
Sorry for delay reply, thank you for your response to my request, I will look into the possibilities of chroming and get back in touch.
PFOtley

Post by PFOtley »

Hi
I have contacted all local chroming works and all have reservations that after stripping and polishing there could be distortion, this is without seeing the item. Thank you for your offer but on listening to them I have decided that only a good condition one is the way forward.
green&white

Post by green&white »

I had a nos one re chromed at Derby Plate and it was perfect better than new and no distortion.
Their works perfection but it is not cheap!
PFOtley

Post by PFOtley »

They are very expensive,
olddave

Post by olddave »

I was earwigging at a show a couple of years ago, possibly Himley, and there was an ex-BMC? bloke trying to offload a stack of surrounds that he had stashed away to a trader.
AndyPen

Post by AndyPen »

One on eBay has patina but looks pretty good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-CLA ... SweqNgTj8X