Primary gear, thrust and C Clip - 850cc

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
gs.davies

Primary gear, thrust and C Clip - 850cc

Post by gs.davies »

Garage fairies have swiped my primary gear, thrust washer and C clip.

In the event I just give up looking for it, does anything have anything suitable for a thick tail 850/22G68 box set up?

Don’t want NOS, just a good serviceable gear. I realise I’ll have to shim for clearances but I don’t even have a used washer to start with.
GraemeC

Re: Primary gear, thrust and C Clip - 850cc

Post by GraemeC »

I have these from a 998 if they are the same as you need?
https://imgur.com/a/dkxWPsD
gs.davies

Post by gs.davies »

GraemeC wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:06 pm I have these from a 998 if they are the same as you need?
https://imgur.com/a/dkxWPsD
I did eventually find my missing parts, however the fit is quite slack, needs a good twelve thou taking out of the endfloat to get to three thou clearance.

Do you have a thrust washer with this one? How much posted?

Gary
GraemeC

Post by GraemeC »

I think I have a couple of thrust washers - I'll have a root.

Taking up 12 thou will be difficult though I think - there's only 12 though difference between the thinnest and thickest thrusts available. I'd presume the top hat is also worn on your gear.
gs.davies

Post by gs.davies »

Yes, I'd thought that too. Really don't want to have to get involved in rebushing it to be honest. This 850 is supposed to be a cobble it together and get the car running to get me on the road without the added expense of completing a box rebuild, finishing the engineering on the 1098 and the brake upgrade to discs.. Hopefully once I have a measure of the thrust I can work out if it's viable.
GraemeC

Post by GraemeC »

That gear measure 2.842" end to end, which is similar to 3 other gears I have, give or take a thou or two.
I have thrusts measuring 0.112", 0.116", 0.117" and 0.120"
gs.davies

Post by gs.davies »

Calipers also missing at the moment so I can’t measure what I’ve got. Should have a mike here on Friday so I can measure properly.
GraemeC

Post by GraemeC »

OK - drop me a PM once you know what you have and need. Then I can go through the primaries I have and see which looks to have the best bushes.

When we know what you need I'll work out a price.
gs.davies

Post by gs.davies »

That's great, many thanks Graeme.

Do you have any idler shims too? I'd need A series sized ones, not the larger later size. That's another measurement I've got to do..
GraemeC

Post by GraemeC »

Yes, loads. Never throw them away!