Wanted: Fast-er Road 850 parts

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
Fiveposter

Post by Fiveposter »

I have the original and restored Mk1 850 engine for my car but it’s just too slow. So intend to refresh it. I’m interested in parts that can help performance. Eg:

Fast road camshaft - maybe a 997 / 88G299 or Similar
Suitable twin carbs set up as complete as possible - Perhaps a Speedwell ‘M’ stamped inlet manifold
Set of ram pipes (no gauze)
Speedwell type silver rocker cover

Have the head, exhaust manifold, minispares flywheel, lightened back plate, duplex sprocket set. Anything else??

TIA
CooperTune

Re: Wanted: Fast-er Road 850 parts

Post by CooperTune »

As a young pup (18) I bought a 1960/61 850 Austin. Along with it came a Clive Tricky 850 Book. As a high school student working two jobs I wanted a full blown race unit. The block was line bored for the two additional cam bearings, bored for .060 Power max pistons and zero decked. Crank ground, and balanced with duplex timing, two part Cooper balancer, lightened flywheel and back plate. Cam was a Cooper S, as was dizzy and complete intake and exhaust. Cylinder head was 295 with mild bowl work and port matching. After checking several heads I found one that could be and was surfaced .125. I drove that car complete with 4.10 CWP for two and a half years of college along with the two hour trip home for the weekends. Dropped out, traded the car for a Cooper S less power unit and got drafted. Steve (CTR)
Fanfaniracing
Location: Somewhere west Switzerland where the fondue is melting very well...

Re: Wanted: Fast-er Road 850 parts

Post by Fanfaniracing »

Hi

I have this Setup if interested:

Although not Mini Manifolds the Carbs can be used.

Genuine Speedwell Carbs
3FA064D2-7298-40EF-A6F0-1E1CF279894D.jpeg
A4A5916E-A271-474E-8FED-679464D766D0.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.