Moke wiper motor in any condition.

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
nick rogers

Moke wiper motor in any condition.

Post by nick rogers »

To add to our repertoire of restored wiper motors, we would like to have a go at a Moke one. A seized or non-working one would be ideal.
Spider

Re: Moke wiper motor in any condition.

Post by Spider »

Nick, are you after a UK type, or those fitted to the Australian Mokes ?

I think the UK ones were Lucas (similar to a Land Rover) and those for the Aust built cars are a Preslite. The latter here came in single speed (that didn't self park) or 2 speed that included self park.
nick rogers

Post by nick rogers »

Spider, it's for a friend in the USA so I am thinking it will be a UK model but will check. I have a customer here in Sheffield who has a Moke and a series 1 Landy so he's the ideal person to ask .He tells me that they both use the Lucas FW2 which is mad money. On ebay there are rebuilt ones for £675 ! So I am unlikely to find cheap restorable ones. On the plus side there are loads of similar ones on agricultural websites for around £39 . It's the usual story, if originality matters you need to pay the price.
Spider

Post by Spider »

I have a few of the 2 speed Preslite units if that turns out to be any help.
nick rogers wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:50 pm On ebay there are rebuilt ones for £675 !
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think one is only wanting to purchase a Wiper Motor - not the whole Lucas Factory !

I have seen / found them for around £100 (not on ebay), which I thought was crazy money, but that's just outs this world !

You may have seen these Universal types ?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-UNIVERS ... 0677.m4598
nick rogers

Post by nick rogers »

Yes, seen them. As I mentioned above, my mate in Sheffield pointed out all the cheap alternatives.