RAF sump Guard

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
big-un1967

Re: RAF sump Guard

Post by big-un1967 »

That’s the kiddy. Pretty basic underneath weren’t they at the time. What year was that? And what car?
Thanks Pete
whistler

Post by whistler »

From what I remember when I was a BMC Partsman back in early 70's they were an accessory from BMC/BL also an option for mini vans etc. The Military versions of Minis had their own parts book supplement and I think they were listed there as well.

All they were good for was to protect the front face of the gearbox as they didn't actually go under the gearbox for proper sump protection.
Pete

Post by Pete »

big-un1967 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:59 am That’s the kiddy. Pretty basic underneath weren’t they at the time. What year was that? And what car?
Thanks Pete
That’s Geoff Mabbs’ 11 NYB (997 Cooper) on the ‘62 Monte upended whilst Aaltonen was at the wheel and pulled out by Mabbs before it went up in smoke. Of course there’s now at least two “reborn” versions, and at least one’s got a chassis number that rolled off the production line a whole month after it was registered. :roll: :lol: Easily done. :lol:
big-un1967

Post by big-un1967 »

All sorted thanks 👍