4 Pot Calipers Metro Vented

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
Fanfaniracing

4 Pot Calipers Metro Vented

Post by Fanfaniracing »

hi

I am looking for a pair of MG Metro 4 Pot Calipers for vented Discs.

Looking for NOS if anyone has something or for some in good usable condition.

thanks

CooperTune

Re: 4 Pot Calipers Metro Vented

Post by CooperTune »

I hate to ask but are you talking about the big heavy ones with two hoses each? I have a set I have removed and have no expectations
of using them. I had another pair with all bleeds broken off they are long gone. Steve (CTR)

Fanfaniracing

Post by Fanfaniracing »

Hi Steve

Yes! It's exactly what i am looking for.

It's a Mot thing.

Here in Switzerland it can be very difficult to impossible to get the nice alloy ones accepted at the Swiss mot...

Wold you sell them for a sensible price?

Best Regards

CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

Let me get them out and cleaned up. I'll see how much they weigh and how small a strong box they will go in. I have over the years sent parts to UK,
Spain, SA, NZ, OZ but never to Switzerland. If we can figure shipping they are yours. I can honestly say a gift on paper work. Steve (CTR)

Fanfaniracing

Post by Fanfaniracing »

That would be super cool!

CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

They seem to be 8 1/4 lbs each with pads do you want the pads and hoses? I'll get them cleaned up tomorrow. Steve (CTR)

CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

Having been unable to work in my shop over the summer due to the heat I'm catching up. I have a MK1 shell being recolored nearly 50 miles away and have to run there with sheet metal and guidance. Also have Dr appt. today for my 98 year old dad. Once I get them stripped and clean I'll dump as much
brake fluid as possible then plug to avoid leaks. Place them in zip lock bags and box. Thanks for the PM we can use it to exchange more info. Steve (CTR)

CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

Sorry for the delay I'm have three cars to complete and deliver this weekend. After a long hot summer I decided to clean out both of my small parts cleaning tanks yesterday. I cleaned and stripped one caliper removing the pads pins and hoses. That one is now 7 lbs. with two crown wheel bolts sealing it. I'll do the other when I have a chance and figure a bullet proof box to ship. I understand customs and duties. When packed and ready I'll get the address you want it shipped to. While they look better clean it does not make them light. We replaced them with Mini Sport four pot alloy in gold, with a non vented disc. Steve (CTR)