[Wanted] starter, spring compressor tool

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
moita

[Wanted] starter, spring compressor tool

Post by moita »

Hi,

Does anyone have the "C"s tool that wants to depart with? To compress the spring to allow to rebuild the starter !

Thank you,

Nuno Moita

wild_willy

Re: [Wanted] starter, spring compressor tool

Post by wild_willy »

I use 2 vice gripps to compress the spring. Works ok.

Craig

Post by Craig »

I made a few some years back. Quite simple really , a couple of 1" I'd flat washers .one with a slot cut in it ,drilled and tapped for two 1/4" NF bolts.
I would be happy to send you one for postage cost. .

Will try to resize pics and post here .
Craig

CooperTune

Post by CooperTune »

Crude as it is some where around my press there is a plumbing coupling 1/2 or 3/4 I hack sawed a section from the side ( an opening to work though ) I place the starter on it's end position the open coupling on the retainer and press just enough the remove the clip. As we all know assembly is the reverse. Steve (CTR)

whistler

Post by whistler »

Whichever method you use, make you do the job in a cardboard box or similar as the C ring will likely fly off into the distant future. I lost one 3 years ago and still haven't found it. A bit like the balls and springs from a synchro hub.

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

will likely fly off into the distant future.

My quote of the day :lol:
Mark F
General dogsbody.

JohnA
Location: Up north where men are men and sheep are frightened

Post by JohnA »

This is an original tool I've had for a long time. The picture should help if anyone wants to make one.