"MGB induction loop fitting" for Speedwell tacho

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
Andrew850

"MGB induction loop fitting" for Speedwell tacho

Post by Andrew850 »

Hi there!

Looking for an "MGB induction loop fitting" (such as the one in the pic) to be able to connect my (Smiths type) Speedwell tacho in my '66 Cooper.

regards,
Andrew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
850man

Re: "MGB induction loop fitting" for Speedwell tacho

Post by 850man »

That's a std Smiths tacho loop fitting. They were fitted to every smiths Tacho for many years.
I have a heap of them but I am on the other side of the world. I am happy to send you one if you must have one.
Consider having the Tacho converted with modern internals and then all you will require is a single wire, get rid of the loop. And it will work with an electronic ignition system.
johnv

Post by johnv »

Mine works with electronic ignition. I started off with points and then changed to petronix from the distributor doctor and the Rev counter kept on working properly
Mk2 Cooper
Mk1 Cooper project
Mk3 Cooper S
Andrew850

Post by Andrew850 »

850man wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:52 am That's a std Smiths tacho loop fitting. They were fitted to every smiths Tacho for many years.
I have a heap of them but I am on the other side of the world. I am happy to send you one if you must have one.
Consider having the Tacho converted with modern internals and then all you will require is a single wire, get rid of the loop. And it will work with an electronic ignition system.
Many thanks for replying here. I apologise for not getting back earlier but been absent for a few days. Will send you a PM to discuss further. Thanks again. Andrew
phil.1380

Post by phil.1380 »

You can get the parts from here, for example the nylon shoe bit: https://www.ahead4healeys.co.uk/-NYLON- ... 13154.aspx

Just had to get some parts myself from them for an MGB Tach.

Phil.
Andrew850

Post by Andrew850 »

Many thanks Phil!