2nd Gear, cone type

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

3) Please try to avoid starting discussions or commenting on peoples Wanted listings. It clutters the section up & makes it difficult to see what people are actually asking for. Please feel free to start discussions in the appropriate section.

Rev 1.2 (16.09.20)
iain1967s

Re: 2nd Gear, cone type

Post by iain1967s »

I’ve still got this 22A145 box if it’s any use Nick.

But I just pushed the selector hub into 1st, and the teeth on 2nd look about as bad as above... synchro cones even worse.

Second gear tends to get slammed on the 3-synchro boxes, probably used as a substitute for first in stop/go traffic.

I think John Guess was looking into shrinking new cones onto old gears at one point - might be worth dropping him an email?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mnicoop63

Post by mnicoop63 »

Nick I finally had a chance to look at the 104 box for the 2nd gear. I did not take it apart but based on what I could see of the synchro it appears to be like the picture of the 1st motion shaft. A line or two is visible on the synchro but the surface is flat. In all honesty I don't see it being worth my time to take it apart. Good luck in your search and if I see one available anywhere I will surely let you know.

Brian

360gts

Post by 360gts »

Know you are looking for a 2nd speed gear...I have a NOS 3rd gear...if you need a 3rd....
Cheers
D

Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Post by Andrew1967 »

Are they the same as the 22A139 gear listed for the 948 Minor and Frogeye ?

I have a NOS one of those.