Circa '65 timing cover

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

Rev 1.1 (27.07.15)
Andrew1967

Circa '65 timing cover

Post by Andrew1967 »

Looking for a timing cover like this - but in good condition, unlike this one !!

Thanks in advance :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dearg1275

Re: Circa '65 timing cover

Post by Dearg1275 »

If your stuck I have one without the bottom stiffening plate. You could perhaps remove it from the scrap one and graft it to the replacement.

D

Andrew1967

Post by Andrew1967 »

Thanks David, I'll bear it in mind if no one else comes up with one with the stiffener :D

AndyPen

Post by AndyPen »

There's an improved stiffener available in the US for midgets that is pretty much the same thing - made because the back plates are not always as straight as they could be. You could ask ask on Morris 1000 / A35 Forums as they had them too.

I was looking at this one when my original horseshoe stiffener and oval washers went missing - I gave them to someone to reproduce and never saw them again!!! BTW I thought this cover was dropped around the time hydro came in? Some of the correct washers are extended size to side and look more oval too. Here's the info I just found online:

https://www.britcarfixes.com/shop/sprid ... rrency=USD

Price: $32.00 plus shipping. The shipping weight is 15 ounces. The easiest way to ship is via USPS Priority Flat Rate Priority Mail padded envelope. The current price for this is $7.65 You may pay by Paypal to mg_john@hotmail.com. You may also send a check to: John Hewell, 300 South College Street, Walhalla, SC 29691
A Series Midget timing chain cover reinforcement plate.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AndyPen on Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyPen

Post by AndyPen »

Just found this in my saved pics - could it be Bob 1071s workmanship?

The original stiffener will come off - as it did on my original with a bit of persuasion. Not sure if it helps and only a couple of the washers were this shape on mine.

I forgot to mention that I did get my replacement from the forum in the end, so good luck ;-)

docka

Post by docka »

I think I have one Andrew but may not be able to get to it for a while if you can hang on...

Andrew1967

Post by Andrew1967 »

I'm in no real hurry, it wouldn't be fitted until the engine is back on the box and I haven't even started looking at that yet :)

Blacktulip

Post by Blacktulip »

I think I may have one of these. Do you still need one?

Andrew1967

Post by Andrew1967 »

Blacktulip wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:19 pm
I think I may have one of these. Do you still need one?
Hi and thanks for your post :)

I think I am sorted but will bear you in mind if it falls through, if that's OK ?

Regards

Andrew