Number plate letters

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

Rev 1.1 (27.07.15)
Pete

Re: Number plate letters

Post by Pete »

Great job, much ignored part of the car and good to see done right.

AndyPen

Post by AndyPen »

360gts wrote:Taken some time...but, I have the plates ready for final fixing of the numerals. I was able to remove the numerals without sacrificing the rivets on the back. Now it's a careful job of re-riveting them back onto the restored plates.
I would be very tempted to simply masking tape them down tight and simply put a dollop of black tigerseal on each rivet... which can easily be cut away if they ever need to come off again?

360gts

Post by 360gts »

AndyPen wrote:
360gts wrote:Taken some time...but, I have the plates ready for final fixing of the numerals. I was able to remove the numerals without sacrificing the rivets on the back. Now it's a careful job of re-riveting them back onto the restored plates.
I would be very tempted to simply masking tape them down tight and simply put a dollop of black tigerseal on each rivet... which can easily be cut away if they ever need to come off again?
Yes Andy, that would certainly work well and no one would be the wiser...except me! However, as with everything I do....just want the bits, parts and cars to be like the way they were when first purchased.
Just me :geek:

360gts

Post by 360gts »

Pete wrote:Great job, much ignored part of the car and good to see done right.
Thanks Pete.