Chrome roof aerial

Looking for that elusive part, shout about it here.
Forum rules
1) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

2) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of this simple request I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

Rev 1.1 (27.07.15)
java gt

Chrome roof aerial

Post by java gt »

Has anyone a decent chrome roof mounted aerial for sale or a link to where I can find one.All I am finding online is ones from large auction sites of questionable quality.TIA.

morris-miner

Re: Chrome roof aerial

Post by morris-miner »

What style of aerial are you looking for ? A Radiomoble AR 32 was popular in the 60's and 70's.
I might have a used one somewhere.

johnv

Post by johnv »

I got mine from here https://www.chromelondon.com/
Mk2 Cooper
Mk1 project

java gt

Post by java gt »

morris-miner wrote:What style of aerial are you looking for ? A Radiomoble AR 32 was popular in the 60's and 70's.
I might have a used one somewhere.
I don't have a particular one in mind,just one that won't look out of place on a 67 MKI.

CMC

Post by CMC »

I ordered this one some time ago, expecting to get the aerial as pictured (to replace the one I already had), but received a different one. It’s quite nice though.

http://www.leacyclassics.com/eep11.html

cooper66

Post by cooper66 »

Hi,if you want a sixties roof aerial for your car go on EBay item no 261188522635.They come from Cyprus and look the part. I have a genuine one on my 66 S and bought one of these a few years ago to compare and they look the same.They have gone up in price but they are worth the money.
Hope this helps.

snoopy64

Post by snoopy64 »

another vote for chrome london
Cheers

Kevin

dodge44

Post by dodge44 »

cooper66 wrote:Hi,if you want a sixties roof aerial for your car go on EBay item no 261188522635.They come from Cyprus and look the part. I have a genuine one on my 66 S and bought one of these a few years ago to compare and they look the same.They have gone up in price but they are worth the money.
Hope this helps.
That's interesting to see - I bought one of those for £4 at a car show last year thinking it looked right for a Mini. It had actually been removed from a Rover P6 and was apparently the de facto installation by the Rover dealers when new. There is a small grub screw so the rod can be easily removed to dodge the attention of passing vandals.