1990 MINI 30 in Cherry Red

Want to sell something? Here's the place to list it for free! (DIRECT SALES / SWAPS) No ebay links please.
Forum rules
For Sale Section Rules

PLEASE NOTE! Postings in this section are deleted automatically after they have not been looked at for 30 days.

1) This section is for advertising items that you have for sale. Not for the discussion of listed items. If you wish to debate the pro's & Con's of any item listed, please start a new topic in the appropriate section.

2) Please DO NOT post links to your ebay auctions. This section is NOT for the advertisement of your ebay auctions.

3) If you have a number of items to sell, post them in a single ad marked "Multiple Parts" or similar. DO NOT post many individual advertisements as this forces everyone else's listings down the page.

4) It is expected that any items advertised on the forum are described fairly & honestly. It is the duty of the seller to ensure that this is the case.

5) Items listed for sale should WHEREVER POSSIBLE* be offered with a purchase price, not asking for bids from members. If you wish to auction your item to the highest bidder I would suggest you use ebay & pay the associated fees.

6) This section is offered as a free service to enthusiasts. Any deals made are between the buyer & seller only. The MK1 forum takes no part in any transaction & the appearance of any item in this section is not a recommendation. I strongly suggest that both buyers & sellers are happy to proceed with a deal before any money or goods change hands.

7) It expected that people posting items for sale are "Active Members of this community". Any Adverts placed by members with a post count lower than 5 will be deleted.

8) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden. Any member breaking this rule will have his membership terminated with immediate effect.

9) If a moderator considers any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of these simple requests the MK1 Forum reserves the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

10) The posting of items for sale on the MK1 forum constitutes explicit acceptance of these simple rules.

11) Members posting items for sale MUST include a rough location in their profile.

It would be much appreciated if sellers could leave the sale price on adverts after the item has been sold. This acts as a good measure of current value for other sellers.

* In some cases it may not be possible for the seller to list items with a sale price. In this case, listings will be reviewed on a case by case basis by a moderator. The moderators decision will be final.

Mark S Forster
(MK1 Performance Conversions)
Rev 2.10 (06.10.20)
WMU 211G

1990 MINI 30 in Cherry Red

Post by WMU 211G »

For Sale -

My cherry red Rover Mini 30, first reg'd on 23/1/90, currently on just over 95k miles, it had a reconditioned engine fitted by Minibitz in Northampton back in 2012 (supplied by the then owner), around the same time it also had a new rear subframe fitted, new front wings, A-panels and doors and a partial respray. The interior is mostly original with the addition of a Rover three clock wooden dash and CD player, the seats aren't the best in the world but are original to the car, as is the red carpet etc. The shell is nice and solid although there are a couple of small bubbles under the rear screen and some bubbling on the seam behind the rear bumper, just below the off side rear light (I can add some close up photos of these areas if needed). The rev counter appears to be reluctant to work sometimes, a bit like me on Monday mornings but then I'm a fair bit older than the car.

I bought it just before the first lockdown started this year and it has had very little use since then, I had intended to give it a bit of a W&P style makeover inside and out and put it on 10'' wheels etc, but the urge has now passed and anyway I'm looking at getting something else entirely (preferably Italian and reasonably exotic) so will need the garage space. This urge predates my purchasing the Mini by some years and it's an itch that won't go away, I bought it to give me something to do but it's time to move it on. The MOT expired on the 20th December and I'm trying to get it booked in locally next week to get a new ticket put on it. There's a small history file with the car containing invoices for the work mentioned above and a few other little jobs over the years.

The car is located in Rugby, Warwickshire and has been garaged throughout my ownership. I'm asking for £4850 or near offer. It's not the ideal to be buying or selling cars right now, but I need the room and am yearning bag a nice Italian toy to play with before I get too much older!

Cheers, Nidge 07843 467237 (this is my work mobile number and I do awkward unsociable hours so if I don't answer straight away please leave a voicemail or a text and I'll reply as soon as I can).
ZZZ #1.jpg
ZZZ #2.jpg
ZZZ #3.jpg
ZZZ #4.jpg
ZZZ #5.jpg
I will add photos of the engine bay later ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nidge

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S
WMU 211G

Re: 1990 MINI 30 in Cherry Red

Post by WMU 211G »

IMG 001 9Vnz62ub.jpg
IMG 001 9Vnz62ub.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nidge

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S
Costafortune

Post by Costafortune »

There's a black one of these sat rotting on a driveway not far from my workshop. :(

Newboundmill Lane, Pleasley near Mansfield. It was nice when parked up.
WMU 211G

Post by WMU 211G »

Hope somebody saves it ;)

My Mini 30 is now provisionally sold - awaiting collection.
Nidge

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S