5.5" Magnesium Minilites + R7's

Want to sell something? Here's the place to list it for free! (DIRECT SALES / SWAPS) No ebay links please.
Forum rules
For Sale Section Rules

PLEASE NOTE! Postings in this section are deleted automatically after they have not been looked at for 30 days.

1) This section is for advertising items that you have for sale. Not for the discussion of listed items. If you wish to debate the pro's & Con's of any item listed, please start a new topic in the appropriate section.

2) If you have items for sale on ebay, please post them in the appropriate section. This section is NOT for the advertisement of your ebay auctions.

3) If you have a number of items to sell, post them in a single ad marked "Multiple Parts" or similar. DO NOT post many individual advertisements as this forces everyone else's listings down the page.

4) It is expected that any items advertised on the forum are described fairly & honestly. It is the duty of the seller to ensure that this is the case.

5) Items listed for sale should WHEREVER POSSIBLE* be offered with a purchase price, not asking for bids from members. If you wish to auction your item to the highest bidder I would suggest you use ebay & pay the associated fees.

6) This section is offered as a free service to enthusiasts. Any deals made are between the buyer & seller only. The MK1 forum takes no part in any transaction & the appearance of any item in this section is not a recommendation. I strongly suggest that both buyers & sellers are happy to proceed with a deal before any money or goods change hands.

7) It expected that members contribute something to the forum before posting for sale advertisements. Any Adverts placed by members with a post count lower than 5 will be deleted.

8) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden. Any member breaking this rule will have his membership terminated with immediate effect.

9) If a moderator considers any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of these simple requests the MK1 Forum reserves the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

10) The posting of items for sale on the MK1 forum constitutes explicit acceptance of these simple rules.

It would be much appreciated if sellers could leave the sale price on adverts after the item has been sold. This acts as a good measure of current value for other sellers.

* In some cases it may not be possible for the seller to list items with a sale price. In this case, listings will be reviewed on a case by case basis by a moderator. The moderators decision will be final.

Mark S Forster
(MK1 Performance Conversions)
Rev 2.9 (15.01.19)
spoon.450

5.5" Magnesium Minilites + R7's

Post by spoon.450 »

I have surplus 5off 5 1/2 inch wide original magnesium minilites in good condition, 4 are fitted with Dunlop R7's that have had little use. No nuts but they are readily available. Looking for £750 if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spoon.450

Re: 5.5" Magnesium Minilites + R7's

Post by spoon.450 »

I’m thinking that I may have over priced these at £750, so now reduced to £650.

Cheers
Dave

Grant 111

Post by Grant 111 »

Hi Dave

Hopefully I've managed to send you a pm.

Many thanks Grant

spoon.450

Post by spoon.450 »

Hi Grant.....got your pm. I’m in Derbyshire.

998fan

Post by 998fan »

Hi Dave

Do you still have these? Do you know whether or not they have a sensible enough offset to go on a standard Cooper without wheel arch extensions or is that impossible at 5.5" wide? :|

Thanks
Dan

1071 S

Post by 1071 S »

Late model 4.5" Minilites with some 165 tyres will juuuust fit under standard arches and juuuust clear the shock tube. (Some tyres on the same wheels do not clear the shocks.)

With no room for more inset I would suggest the extra width must be offset and so would stick out past the body work?????

Cheers, Ian

spoon.450

Post by spoon.450 »

Hi Dan....I do still have them, but cannot accurately answer your question. I can measure and confirm any dimensions that you require if this helps.

jay weinstein

Post by jay weinstein »

I've got the same 5 1/2 flat lip minilites with yokahama 008's on my "67 cooper s and
they stick out about 1"

251 ENG

Post by 251 ENG »

You are going to struggle to fit 5 1/2" without arches .

These look a really nice set of wheels and very well priced

1071 S

Post by 1071 S »

998fan wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:36 am
Hi Dave

Do you still have these? Do you know whether or not they have a sensible enough offset to go on a standard Cooper without wheel arch extensions or is that impossible at 5.5" wide? :|

Thanks
Dan
Just noticed "..standard Cooper.."

Does that mean spaced drums (as in S type) or the normal flat faced type???

I'll bet those wheels need spaced drums (and so matching S type discs as well)...

Cheers, Ian