1966 Mk1 Project With V5

Want to sell something? Here's the place to list it for free! (DIRECT SALES / SWAPS) No ebay links please.
Forum rules
For Sale Section Rules

PLEASE NOTE! Postings in this section are deleted automatically after they have not been looked at for 30 days.

1) This section is for advertising items that you have for sale. Not for the discussion of listed items. If you wish to debate the pro's & Con's of any item listed, please start a new topic in the appropriate section.

2) If you have items for sale on ebay, please post them in the appropriate section. This section is NOT for the advertisement of your ebay auctions.

3) If you have a number of items to sell, post them in a single ad marked "Multiple Parts" or similar. DO NOT post many individual advertisements as this forces everyone else's listings down the page.

4) It is expected that any items advertised on the forum are described fairly & honestly. It is the duty of the seller to ensure that this is the case.

5) Items listed for sale should WHEREVER POSSIBLE* be offered with a purchase price, not asking for bids from members. If you wish to auction your item to the highest bidder I would suggest you use ebay & pay the associated fees.

6) This section is offered as a free service to enthusiasts. Any deals made are between the buyer & seller only. The MK1 forum takes no part in any transaction & the appearance of any item in this section is not a recommendation. I strongly suggest that both buyers & sellers are happy to proceed with a deal before any money or goods change hands.

7) It expected that members contribute something to the forum before posting for sale advertisements. Any Adverts placed by members with a post count lower than 5 will be deleted.

8) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden. Any member breaking this rule will have his membership terminated with immediate effect.

9) If a moderator considers any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of these simple requests the MK1 Forum reserves the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

10) The posting of items for sale on the MK1 forum constitutes explicit acceptance of these simple rules.

It would be much appreciated if sellers could leave the sale price on adverts after the item has been sold. This acts as a good measure of current value for other sellers.

* In some cases it may not be possible for the seller to list items with a sale price. In this case, listings will be reviewed on a case by case basis by a moderator. The moderators decision will be final.

Mark S Forster
(MK1 Performance Conversions)
Rev 2.9 (15.01.19)
IslandBlue66

1966 Mk1 Project With V5

Post by IslandBlue66 »

As discussed in my “what’s it worth” thread the time has come to sell up and move on.

I have owned the car for over 16 years but in all that time it has only been on the road a few times.

Currently registered in my name at my current address as an Historic Vehicle Morris Mini 1275cc

The shell has had a complete later floor and boot floor fitted. The car also had a new front end and was re-sprayed inside and out Island Blue. This was done before I bought it. I did wax oil the whole underside and inside the boot floor not long after I bought the car.

Currently fitted to the shell:-
Boot lid
Both doors
Complete wiring loom. The loom was made up by Autosparks and has an alternator conversion. Lights
Glass
Windscreen wiper motor and rack
Standard 850 instruments
The headlining has been replaced and is in good condition.
Suspension converted to dry with Hi Lo’s.
Cooper S 7.5 inch disc brakes
4 x 4.5 inch minilites
1 x 7.5 gallon left hand side petrol tank
1 x 5.5 gallon right hand tank.
Unknown after market steering wheel

There are some areas that now require attention but overall this is a pretty solid basis for a relatively easy project. It will require some minor welding and patching up and paint.
In the right hands would not be too difficult or expensive to get it tidied up and back on the road.

Also included in the sale are the following items. Not currently fitted to the shell.

Standard front door cards in green
Standard rear cards in green
Standard front and rear seats in green.
New wire type seat diaphragms for front seats
Mk1 steering shrouds
Mk1 steering wheel (needs tidying up)
Black after market carpet set
Heater (needs cleaning up / /painting)
New S master cylinder
Mk1 wavy grill and moustache
Used oil cooler

A rebuilt 998 engine with the following specification.

12G295 head. This was reconditioned before I bought it. It has had replacement standard sized valves and a unleaded conversion. Otherwise it appears to be standard.
SW5 camshaft
New cam followers
New vernier duplex timing gear
998 A series block bored and honed at + 0.60
New flat top pistons and rings to match the block
New big end and mains bearings (I think they were all +0.10)
New oil pump
New water pump
New oil filter
New core plugs
New genuine distributor
New plugs and leads.
All gaskets etc replaced.
HIF38 carb
K&N Air filter
Howley inlet manifold
Maniflow exhaust manifold
Rough but usable RC40 exhaust

This is mated to a rod change gearbox that was built up by Guessworks.

Close ratio gear set
3.44 diff with hardened diff pin.
Central oil pick up pipe
New bearings
New baulk rings.
New gaskets/seals

I have had the engine running, but the clutch oil seal was leaking so the flywheel clutch and housing are removed but included

There is also a low mileage since rebuild 1098 block, crank and dish top pistons (I think at 0.10).
I’ve never had this running but it does turn by hand.

.My reason for selling this is I just don’t have the time, space or money to get this thing back on the road, it’s also unlikely that this is going to change in the short to medium term.

I can take some photos and email them of the other parts if required.

Due to the Covid 19 I am looking to sell this in one lot rather than splitting it all up and dealing with multiple people.

I am looking for £4750. If this is way out price wise please PM.

woodypup59

Re: 1966 Mk1 Project With V5

Post by woodypup59 »

IslandBlue66

Post by IslandBlue66 »

Now asking for £4250. I can't let it go for any less than that though!

Andrew850

Post by Andrew850 »

Good morning. Will send you a PM. Andrew

IslandBlue66

Post by IslandBlue66 »

This is now no longer for sale. Thanks to everyone that showed an interest.