1100 engine and transmission for sale in USA - $100

Want to sell something? Here's the place to list it for free! (DIRECT SALES / SWAPS) No ebay links please.
Forum rules
For Sale Section Rules

PLEASE NOTE! Postings in this section are deleted automatically after they have not been looked at for 30 days.

1) This section is for advertising items that you have for sale. Not for the discussion of listed items. If you wish to debate the pro's & Con's of any item listed, please start a new topic in the appropriate section.

2) If you have items for sale on ebay, please post them in the appropriate section. This section is NOT for the advertisement of your ebay auctions.

3) If you have a number of items to sell, post them in a single ad marked "Multiple Parts" or similar. DO NOT post many individual advertisements as this forces everyone else's listings down the page.

4) It is expected that any items advertised on the forum are described fairly & honestly. It is the duty of the seller to ensure that this is the case.

5) Items listed for sale should WHEREVER POSSIBLE* be offered with a purchase price, not asking for bids from members. If you wish to auction your item to the highest bidder I would suggest you use ebay & pay the associated fees.

6) This section is offered as a free service to enthusiasts. Any deals made are between the buyer & seller only. The MK1 forum takes no part in any transaction & the appearance of any item in this section is not a recommendation. I strongly suggest that both buyers & sellers are happy to proceed with a deal before any money or goods change hands.

7) It expected that members contribute something to the forum before posting for sale advertisements. Any Adverts placed by members with a post count lower than 5 will be deleted.

8) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden. Any member breaking this rule will have his membership terminated with immediate effect.

9) If a moderator considers any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of these simple requests the MK1 Forum reserves the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

10) The posting of items for sale on the MK1 forum constitutes explicit acceptance of these simple rules.

It would be much appreciated if sellers could leave the sale price on adverts after the item has been sold. This acts as a good measure of current value for other sellers.

* In some cases it may not be possible for the seller to list items with a sale price. In this case, listings will be reviewed on a case by case basis by a moderator. The moderators decision will be final.

Mark S Forster
(MK1 Performance Conversions)
Rev 2.9 (15.01.19)
Winstrol

1100 engine and transmission for sale in USA - $100

Post by Winstrol »

F4D7DD64-E34F-4A7E-8B86-E72884095ADC.jpeg
06BEF405-E5FF-4535-B29D-69581906E8E9.jpeg
This 1100 engine and transmission are located in Jaffrey NH USA I will not ship. The engine turns over but man is it stiff. I broke a piece off the transmission case near the shifter linkage moving it so that’s no good. Basically a core engine with a parts transmission. A hundred bucks will make it yours... unfortunately I don’t know any history on it. The engine was in the passenger seats of an MG 1100 I bought ten years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LuisM

Re: 1100 engine and transmission for sale in USA - $100

Post by LuisM »

:) Nice engine and price.
It's the second early 1100 ADO16 engine i see with S damper, were they factory fitted ?

regards
Luis

whistler

Post by whistler »

I think you're undervaluing it. Check the engine number on here. http://classicminigearbox.com/Tech/engine.htm
The manifold looks like it is from an MG 1100. Check the casting number on the top of the cylinder head. If it's 12G295 or 12G206 then the head is worth at least 100 US providing it's not cracked.

Winstrol

Post by Winstrol »

I’m not having any luck with that engine lookup. Here is engine number:
764C73EF-AA20-4C05-ADBB-8C3D6D1F5BFB.jpeg
As for the price... considering I’m unwilling to ship I did knowingly give it a “get it out of my garage” price.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

goff

Post by goff »

LuisM wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:25 pm
:) Nice engine and price.
It's the second early 1100 ADO16 engine i see with S damper, were they factory fitted ?

regards
Luis
Yes early MG 1100s were fitted with the two piece damper , i have had a couple of them in the past , it as the MG 1100 exhaust manifold also , so i would say it is MG1100 engine & box , 12g295 heads sell for between £150-250 , Winstrol note that is British pounds , so the head alone will be worth $225-$300 American .
Looks like it as also got the extension breather pipe that people are always wanting , Winstrol , break it up and sell the parts separate

Winstrol

Post by Winstrol »

Ok I’m happy to take offers any USPS shippable Sub component. Someone already asked for the heater valve (which doesn’t appear to be special?)

Winstrol

Post by Winstrol »

Goose neck and damper sold for $75. Thanks people ;)

If I took the head off and had to cracked tested, should I sell it bare? Have to take the valves out to have to crack tested anyway but wasn’t sure if the rockers and valves are assumed to be included.

Your generous support get me closer to a crankshaft for my 1953 Arnolt MG!

-John
651A3838-3232-4923-B3AE-946AE07E4F34.jpeg

goff

Post by goff »

Sell it untested complete , As Is , taken off , If it is 12g295 stamped on top of the head between the rockers !! look for $250 .

Hope this helps , fair few people on here from north America.

Nice car .

whistler

Post by whistler »

Engine number comes up as possible a Vanden Plas 1100 which I think was the same or very similar spec to the MG1100.

Winstrol

Post by Winstrol »

It appears to say 12G206. Untested, any offer over $100 (and for $250 I’d bite your hand off ). I can have it tested easily enough too.
3A9E3248-E493-4FB4-BF53-1B8020497E8E.jpeg