mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

For Sale Section Rules

PLEASE NOTE! Postings in this section are deleted automatically after they have not been looked at for 30 days.

1) This section is for advertising items that you have for sale. Not for the discussion of listed items. If you wish to debate the pro's & Con's of any item listed, please start a new topic in the appropriate section.

2) If you have items for sale on ebay, please post them in the appropriate section. This section is NOT for the advertisement of your ebay auctions.

3) If you have a number of items to sell, post them in a single ad marked "Multiple Parts" or similar. DO NOT post many individual advertisements as this forces everyone else's listings down the page.

4) It is expected that any items advertised on the forum are described fairly & honestly. It is the duty of the seller to ensure that this is the case.

5) Items listed for sale should WHEREVER POSSIBLE* be offered with a purchase price, not asking for bids from members. If you wish to auction your item to the highest bidder I would suggest you use ebay & pay the associated fees.

6) This section is offered as a free service to enthusiasts. Any deals made are between the buyer & seller only. The MK1 forum takes no part in any transaction & the appearance of any item in this section is not a recommendation. I strongly suggest that both buyers & sellers are happy to proceed with a deal before any money or goods change hands.

7) It expected that members contribute something to the forum before posting for sale advertisements. Any Adverts placed by members with a post count lower than 5 will be deleted.

8) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

9) If a moderator considers any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of these simple requests the MK1 Forum reserves the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

10) The posting of items for sale on the MK1 forum constitutes explicit acceptance of these simple rules.

It would be much appreciated if sellers could leave the sale price on adverts after the item has been sold. This acts as a good measure of current value for other sellers.

* In some cases it may not be possible for the seller to list items with a sale price. In this case, listings will be reviewed on a case by case basis by a moderator. The moderators decision will be final.

Mark S Forster
(MK1 Performance Conversions)
Rev 2.9 (15.01.19)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:57 am 

Finally got the mould finished after 3 days on the lathe and mill. Early MOWOG style covers that have the double lip inside. Made from EPDM so does not disintegrate after a couple of months. There is a little bit of flashing at the mould joints, but nothing that affects performance. A little bit stiffer material than original, but that is EPDM !

£1.75 each https://www.catmint.biz/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=129&zenid=f80n2beq9p782qukvuljgb3ui3

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Excellent job Gordon!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:45 pm 

Great stuff just ordered some.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:35 pm 

EPDM is generally good for steam and ozone but is subject to swelling when exposed to grease. Have you tried other materials (like polyurethane, Nitrile, or Viton) in the cavity?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:24 am 

Just received my first order.
Stunning product and service.
Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:02 am 

dklawson wrote:
EPDM is generally good for steam and ozone but is subject to swelling when exposed to grease. Have you tried other materials (like polyurethane, Nitrile, or Viton) in the cavity?

Thanks for the comments Doug. The product I am using, according to the manufacturer, has improved oil resistance and so far this has been proved the case. The other style of cover I made in this material approx two years ago and so far I have not had any negative comments back (prior to that they were tested on a couple of cars by two very respected colleagues of ours for at least 6 months). I do agree, I would not want to use EPDM if it was immersed in oil or grease.

As with all these products, there is a compromise. Polyurethane, the mould time is too long to make a small item like this economically viable, I am however looking at this material for some other items. Nitrile and Viton, it is more of a case of getting hold of these in a small quantity - I only need to buy a few pounds at a time, not the ton the suppliers want to sell

Gordon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:08 pm 

Thanks for the reply and explanation Gordon. Now if only you would sell/ship to the U.S. !

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:39 pm 

dklawson wrote:
Thanks for the reply and explanation Gordon. Now if only you would sell/ship to the U.S. !

It is my Product Liability Insurance - they want an extra £2'500 to cover anything I send over the the States or Canada due to the way your legal system operates (or so they say).At the moment that is just not viable for the few items that I send over the pond.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:06 am 
Site Admin

For anyone in the States I would be happy to act as middle man, as if I send them as an individual I don't have to worry about such issues.

I have been using some of Gordon's prototype seals on my cars for at least a couple of years now & they are exactly the same as when they were fitted. I checked this weekend.

M

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:29 am 

mk1 wrote:
For anyone in the States I would be happy to act as middle man, as if I send them as an individual I don't have to worry about such issues.

I have been using some of Gordon's prototype seals on my cars for at least a couple of years now & they are exactly the same as when they were fitted. I checked this weekend.

M

Thanks Mark for the generous offer, will keep it in mind if I am asked