mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

PLEASE NOTE! Postings in this section are deleted automatically after they have not been looked at for 30 days.

1) This section is for advertising items that you have for sale.

2) If you have items for sale on ebay, please post them in the appropriate section. This section is NOT for the advertisement of your ebay auctions.

3) If you have a number of items to sell, post them in a single ad marked "Multiple Parts" or similar. DO NOT post many individual advertisements as this forces everyone else's listings down the page.

4) It is expected that any items advertised on the forum are described fairly & honestly. It is the duty of the seller to ensure that this is the case.

5) Items listed for sale should wherever possible be offered with a purchase price, not asking for bids from members. If you wish to auction your item to the highest bidder I would suggest you use ebay & pay the associated fees.

6) If I consider any postings in this section to violate either the spirit or word of these simple requests I reserve the right to delete any posts without prior warning or explanation.

7) This section is offered as a free service to enthusiasts. Any deals made are between the buyer & seller only. The MK1 forum takes no part in any transaction & the appearance of any item in this section is not a recommendation. I strongly suggest that both buyers & sellers are happy to proceed with a deal before any money or goods change hands.

8) The advertising of or soliciting for VIN tags, log books or any other vehicle identification documentation without it's associated vehicle is expressly forbidden.

9) The posting of items for sale on the MK1 forum constitutes explicit acceptance of these simple rules.

(10) It is STRONGLY recommended that when paying with Paypal people DO NOT use the "Pay friends" service. This has no buyer protection & if there is an issue you will NOT be able to reclaim your lost money.

Mark S Forster
(MK1 Performance Conversions)
Rev 2.4 (24.04.18)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:59 pm 

Hello,

i have a few parts for sale,

There are quite a few photos so please scroll through,

parts can be collected from Eastbourne East Sussex,

998cc +.040" Cooper half engine.
this was an engine i bought when rebuilding my mk1, i had all the machining work done, then a change of plans, so no longer needed,
its been dry stored ever since.

engine is at +.040", bores in good condition
new +.040" P20950 flat top pistons
Crank freshly ground 20/20
new oil pump
new cam bearings
ARP bolts on the rods
matching caps with a centre main strap
oil galleys tapped
block has been lightly skimmed
all threads have been chased
full cleaned ready to build

£1000, collection only

NEW Forged Omega +.060" flat top long pin pistons.
these were bought from Swiftune, https://swiftune.com/parts-shop/pistons ... p-160.html
1.495" compression height
one piston has some light grinding on the inside, when they were balanced on my rods, they were removed due to a change of plans.
rings have never been fitted to the pistons and still in there bag.
£500 new from Swiftune

£400 inc UK postage.

Keith Dodd 1.5 rockers
these are used, but still in good condition
they have been checked and cleaned,
ready to fit.
£90 inc uk postage

Last edited by Dean on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:23 pm 

A little surprising the front and rear main caps are in the wrong location. Steve (CTR)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:18 pm 

i have only dry fitted them on, the bolts are finger tight so i will just swap them around
good spot,