hello from Slovenia!

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
gregor.tm

hello from Slovenia!

Post by gregor.tm »

Hello to every one!

i follow this forum for longer period, but here is my first post.
before i start with my MK1 questions and writting, let me introduce my self.

my name is Gregor and i am from Slovenia. yes, i am aslo owner of MK1 mini. my first MK1 is Morris Traveller and it is still at our home in garage with other minis.
the second MK1 is from 64 in project state in body work shop at the moment.

MK1 is my favorite model and i am very happy that this forum exist.

so tweed grey on the right side is mine.

our treveller is real traveler! we went by Trevy to many IMM mini meetings, even to UK for three weeks, Germany, Italy, Hungary and other mini meetings as Serbian, in Czech Republic, cross the Croatia, Bosnia, Slovakia, Belgium, Holland etc.
1964 MK1 Cooper
1965 Riley Elf
1966 Traveller Morris
1969 Spitfire MK3
1970 wifes std. mini
etc.

Gray

Re: hello from Slovenia!

Post by Gray »

Hi Gregor, welcome to the forum, very nice looking travellers, did somebody take a dislike to the front wing of the tweed grey one? :(

gregor.tm

Post by gregor.tm »

Hi Grey! thank you for your wellcome.
it is not so nice story about the front wing. it happened at morning time on the highway. two cars from Ukrain stoped in the middle of exit without any hazard or indicator light.
i did not see those two stopped cars because i drove behind the lorry which somehow escape to hit the stopped cars, but i was to quick and i could not escape crash so after hard braking my 5 year old son started to fly toward windscreen. i catch him by my hand and instead crashing to the cars i choose to hit the fance on the road. that is how i stopped the mini somehow just a few centimiters before hitting the cars infront of me.
thanks to strong structure of a mini.... the only demage was front wing and door hinges.

sorry for my not good english.
1964 MK1 Cooper
1965 Riley Elf
1966 Traveller Morris
1969 Spitfire MK3
1970 wifes std. mini
etc.

JC T ONE

Post by JC T ONE »

Hi & welcome inhere Gregor :)

Very nice cars, and good to hear you & your son made it one piece after that crash.

Jens Christian

36inter

Post by 36inter »

Welcome Gregor, good looking car, leave the dent alone, its a good talking point. Your English is very good.

Pete

gregor.tm

Post by gregor.tm »

36inter wrote:Welcome Gregor, good looking car, leave the dent alone, its a good talking point. Your English is very good.

Pete
Hi Pete,

what ever happened during life time on the treveller i kept as it is. i like patina and wrong parts on the car which were mounted during all those years.
the last time that mini was painted was 1981! it was made for italian market so it still has wing indicators. more than 40 years ago traveller was involed in accident. that is way it has wrong left rear door and right door. they came from innocenti T woody. so i left it as a part of traveller history.

but i can not leave the dent. i have that dent for two years now and i think it is time to repair it, because on every mini meeting people ask me what happened?
it was to long story to explain to every one so wing got signature which says: shit happenes, it was not my fault.
here is photo that i found on the google from IMM2012 in Hungary. since than i am asked even more offen what happened.
so it has to be repaired! :?

https://plus.google.com/photos/10484521 ... 2516054028

but is amazing that after two year there still no rust :shock:

PS: even in summer mini magazin where is story about austin and mini production in ex yougoslavia.... my mini was pictured with dent on the wing. so they did not want to use photoshop :(
1964 MK1 Cooper
1965 Riley Elf
1966 Traveller Morris
1969 Spitfire MK3
1970 wifes std. mini
etc.

gregor.tm

Post by gregor.tm »

JC T ONE wrote:Hi & welcome inhere Gregor :)

Very nice cars, and good to hear you & your son made it one piece after that crash.

Jens Christian
Hi Jens,
that is the most important point. yes, i should be happy for my son, myself and only minor dent on the mini. we had a huge luch!
accident storry is even much longer but my english is not that good to be able to describe.
1964 MK1 Cooper
1965 Riley Elf
1966 Traveller Morris
1969 Spitfire MK3
1970 wifes std. mini
etc.

MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

gregor.tm wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:31 pm
Hello to every one!
my name is Gregor and i am from Slovenia. yes, i am aslo owner of MK1 mini.
Hi Gregor, cheers from Graz, just a couple of kilometers down to Maribor - if you are still active in the Mini scene after all those years.

Greetings Marcus

BTW: I very much like your Traveller
I keep my Heligan pineapple jam in Mk1 glass washer bottles :mrgreen:

AndyPen

Post by AndyPen »

Welcome and thanks for your story :-)

Slovenia is a lovely place and I worked there a short time. Sadly I have no idea when I will be back :-(

Fanfaniracing

Post by Fanfaniracing »

Hi Gregor!

Welcome to the Forum. It's a very friendly and helpful place here.

Good to hear that the accident only made minor
Damage and your boy is well up.
That's why i put some seatbelts on my 62. so i can tie down my junior when driving with the mini.

I like your car 8-)

Best Regards

Fabian