Where is John Lennon's Mini?

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Pete

Re: Where is John Lennon's Mini?

Post by Pete »

People did all sorts to their Minis back then, frowned upon today of course. Look what George did to his Radford! :lol:

The glass in the colour screen grab still looks tinted to me, the number plates must have been new and is it gold over the green, yellow or cream?
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

mab01uk wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:34 pm Image

New doors? It's got quarterlights in the bottom photo, but not the top

Al
hanlminiman
Location: North Cotswolds, close to Prescott & Shelsley Walsh hill climb venues by Stratford upon Avon UK and

Post by hanlminiman »

Hi Al
I've quickly lightened up the shadows in the image and think I can just see the handle of the quarterlight.
Cliff
InnoCooperExport

Post by InnoCooperExport »

Not to mention if you look at the first picture in the sequence there it doesn't look like it has quarterlights either until you get to the picture showing him getting out the car. I think the resolution and the heavy tinting of the windows don't help.
Of course I know what a dipstick is, you get called something often enough you look it up!
nick@dunsdale

Post by nick@dunsdale »

on the black and white image
Do you think the sunroof is black fabric ?? looks something other than black unless it is just angle of light reflection ?

Definitely black fabric on the Green car shot
The best repairs go un-noticed
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Something that has puzzled me for a while is the use of RW10's on Cooper S's. How did they get them to fit? I can't see the S brakes being replaced by Cooper ones purely for aesthetics.

Any one have an amswer?
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Yes they didn’t fit, they stuck out on pretty much all of those mid 60s Radford Ss. The S version didn’t come out til mid 66 to my knowledge.
WMU 211G

Post by WMU 211G »

The burning question now is, if it's last known change of ownership was in August 2008, where is it now....?

Here it is tucked at the back of John's garage in Weybridge sometime in '66 when it was still black, can't tell if it was a hatchback at the time from this photo....
FABS DSCFA LGF 696D & Roller #1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nidge

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S
66Traveller

Post by 66Traveller »

Interesting that on its repaint, John's car got the modern and fashionable reflective number plates!
Pete

Post by Pete »

That’s the only other photo of the back of it that’s turned up and it’s too low res to make out but there is a hint of a line for the hatch on the left and you can just make out the Aston lights. Most people I’ve ever spoken to about this over the last thirty years or so think the logbook is all that survives. But yes what did happen to it??