mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:30 am 

Very nice, good to see it in that condition! As well as R&H it also appeared briefly in an episode of 'The Persuaders', driven by Tont Curtis...

Before that it was also in 'The Saint'...

1968 Mk2 Morris Cooper S
1994 Jap Mini 1275 Auto 'project 70s backdate'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:24 pm 

(takes moderators hat off the hook with a weary sigh)

Can I ask that members think very carefully before posting any personal opinions which could be considered slander / libel on the forum.

There have been serious issues in the past arising from such issues, and the ramifications for the forum have the potential to be huge. Remember, this is a FRIENDLY forum, and the mini world is a small one - people quickly hear when individuals, family members or friends have been discussed. Such issues are best discussed in private correspondence, not in public.

I'll allow the author of the last post to consider whether he might like to remove it himself. I'd advise at the very least that he reword his opinion.

Al

(still, a nice change that the red car involved doesn't have a white roof...... :lol: )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:40 pm 

Oh for Christs sake.

Go on, take it down if it's that important.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:19 am 
Site Admin

Location: Oop North where it's dark & cold nearly all the time.
Al made a very valid & sensible point. He was right to raise the concern he did & he did it in a sensible way. The above reaction is not justified.

Sadly in these days of litigation at the drop of a hat the concerns raised above are something that we all need to be aware of, me doubly so as I can be held responsible for all opinions voiced on here, not just my own.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:18 am 

A sad world we live in.

Someone from a Mini club (who apparently wrote a book) once told a few people I'd been in prison. (I haven't!)

Maybe I should have sued him. Or not. :?: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:09 pm 

It might be a sad world Costa but the ramifications of a simple slip of the tongue, not put right AT THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY OR AS SOON AS PRACTICABLY POSSIBLE (so the court judgement was worded) can and does have huge financial consequences. My sister was a Barrister dealing with these sort of things (but now retired, rich on the stupidity of those not prepared to listen.......) could tell you nightmares suffered by others, such as web-sites and other media outlets who fall into the 'third party opinion' trap. I could go on but it ain't Mini related so.......

Mk1 you are SO right, believe me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:13 pm 

mk1 wrote:
Al made a very valid & sensible point. He was right to raise the concern he did & he did it in a sensible way. The above reaction is not justified.

Sadly in these days of litigation at the drop of a hat the concerns raised above are something that we all need to be aware of, me doubly so as I can be held responsible for all opinions voiced on here, not just my own.

Let's hope Gregory hasn't got a solicitor on speed dial................ :lol: