mk1-forum.net

A friendly international forum for people interested in the tuning & modification of classic BMC vehicles
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: old garages
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:04 pm 

miniminor wrote:
Anyone know who would have been the BMC or Morris dealership in Carlisle in 1963?

Graham Roberts Ltd in Botchergate were the distributors at one time. Moores Garage in Lowther Street were Morris dealers according to my BMC dealer list and so were Reah Bros in Lonsdale Street. I think my list is a little earlier than 1963 but it's a starting point at least.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:23 pm 

Old English White wrote:
miniminor wrote:
Anyone know who would have been the BMC or Morris dealership in Carlisle in 1963?

Graham Roberts Ltd in Botchergate were the distributors at one time. Moores Garage in Lowther Street were Morris dealers according to my BMC dealer list and so were Reah Bros in Lonsdale Street. I think my list is a little earlier than 1963 but it's a starting point at least.

Just wondering where mine would have been sold from originally, first registered in Carlisle in June 1963, no way of knowing for sure I suppose.

1963 Morris Mini Minor Superdeluxe
2004 Discovery 2 Td5
2014 Freelander 2 SD4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:49 pm 

miniminor wrote:
Old English White wrote:
miniminor wrote:

Just wondering where mine would have been sold from originally, first registered in Carlisle in June 1963, no way of knowing for sure I suppose.

My car has a Westmorland plate, first lived in Keswick, but was originally sent to Dias Bros in Carlisle who where bought up by County Garages.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:37 am 

miniminor wrote:
Old English White wrote:
miniminor wrote:

My Carlisle reg'd Sept '67 MK1 Mini Minor went to Graham and Roberts but was eventually sold by Masons at High Hesket in Sept '68 (so it must of sat around unloved for a year somewhere).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:18 am 

My Carlisle reg'd Sept '67 MK1 Mini Minor went to Graham and Roberts but was eventually sold by Masons at High Hesket in Sept '68 (so it must of sat around unloved for a year somewhere).[/quote]

Is yours an "AO" reg?
My '63 was originally 14 LAO (wish I had that number now, transferred in 1994 and now on a BMW)
It was then given an age related plate of AAO773A. (Loads of older 3 letter 3 digit cars were re allocated "A" suffix plates upon transfer of their original numbers and look odd because of it, fortunately my '63 is exactly the correct age for an "A" plate.

1963 Morris Mini Minor Superdeluxe
2004 Discovery 2 Td5
2014 Freelander 2 SD4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:27 am 

I'm looking for old photo's or any other information relating to John Goodall Ltd. in Dunfermline. It was a large building (old stables) in the centre of Dunfermline, demolished in the 80's to make way for a shopping centre. Al (Pandora) has kindly provided some information but anything else would be of interest. This is where my Wolseley was dispatched to from the works in 1967.

Image20180315_215232 by Robin Derrick, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:34 am 

My mother bought her first and only new car from Goodalls. It was a 1973 teal blue 1300 estate. I remember the workshop being a very 'old school' type place.

A search found two pictures of the workshop / garage.

https://www.facebook.com/oldDunfermline ... 08/?type=3

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5B40B08F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:09 pm 

IAIN wrote:
My mother bought her first and only new car from Goodalls. It was a 1973 teal blue 1300 estate. I remember the workshop being a very 'old school' type place.

A search found two pictures of the workshop / garage.

https://www.facebook.com/oldDunfermline ... 08/?type=3

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5B40B08F

Cheers Iain. It appears to have been an old coachworks run by the same family before son and grandson took it on as a garage.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:35 pm 

miniminor wrote:
Is yours an "AO" reg?
My '63 was originally 14 LAO (wish I had that number now, transferred in 1994 and now on a BMW)
It was then given an age related plate of AAO773A. (Loads of older 3 letter 3 digit cars were re allocated "A" suffix plates upon transfer of their original numbers and look odd because of it, fortunately my '63 is exactly the correct age for an "A" plate.

Yep, RAO 662G. My MK2 Austin Cooper went to Dias in Carlisle, it was TAO reg'd.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:53 pm 

Dias & Co, Graham & Roberts & County Motors, Carlisle.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next