old garages

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
roger649

Re: old garages

Post by roger649 »

Well I have done some sleuthing and here is a picture of Varneys, Jersey, in 1970,the three Minis are for the local newspaper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SMOKE GREY

Post by SMOKE GREY »

Pete wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:59 pm Late 50s Steve? I bet Bernie plundered the parts Dept at some point! :lol: . He’d have been about 50 when that photo was taken. :lol:
:lol: :lol: your probably right Pete, and you do know he will read this.... ;) ;)
Mark 1 S

Post by Mark 1 S »

Wrong again Pete, I was about five when I emptied that place in Jersey of Cooper S parts ;) .... [and Cliff Holdens in Bury only sold cars not parts ]....the best place was Lookers of Bradford in the old mill :D ....still using parts from that aladdins cave !
Pete

Post by Pete »

SMOKE GREY wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:49 am
Pete wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:59 pm Late 50s Steve? I bet Bernie plundered the parts Dept at some point! :lol: . He’d have been about 50 when that photo was taken. :lol:
:lol: :lol: your probably right Pete, and you do know he will read this.... ;) ;)
Which is why I said it, :lol:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Mark 1 S wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:08 am Wrong again Pete, I was about five when I emptied that place in Jersey of Cooper S parts ;) .... [and Cliff Holdens in Bury only sold cars not parts ]....the best place was Lookers of Bradford in the old mill :D ....still using parts from that aladdins cave !
I bet you took the counter too! :lol:

I remember being offered some Cooper grilles from William Monk in Ashton. Didn’t get them though (you must have got there first :lol: ) and I remember one of the lads working at the dealer in Preston had a Mk2 S hiding round the back under a load of ply wood!
Mark 1 S

Post by Mark 1 S »

Was visiting Lookers when the Bradford boys were still in short pants :) ...and it was not last week :oops:
Nick W

Post by Nick W »

Shukers Sheffield
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Up North in Sheffield
Polarsilver

Post by Polarsilver »

When next on the A5 just north of Towcester ..look out for Johns Motors at Fosters Booth .. they are doing up the outside of their Garage with Shell Petrol Pumps & BMC Service Signs on the outside of the Building .. looks period. 8-)
kit of bits

Post by kit of bits »

Polarsilver wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:58 pm When next on the A5 just north of Towcester ..look out for Johns Motors at Fosters Booth .. they are doing up the outside of their Garage with Shell Petrol Pumps & BMC Service Signs on the outside of the Building .. looks period. 8-)
I’ll try to remember to get a picture I drive past every day..
John’s a mini racer and lover..
D
Pete

Post by Pete »

Polarsilver wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:58 pm When next on the A5 just north of Towcester ..look out for Johns Motors at Fosters Booth .. they are doing up the outside of their Garage with Shell Petrol Pumps & BMC Service Signs on the outside of the Building .. looks period. 8-)
http://www.johnsmotors.co.uk/about-us/