“CNC Heads” any experience ?

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Exminiman

“CNC Heads” any experience ?

Post by Exminiman »

https://www.cncheads.co.uk/

This company has been suggested to me for a modified head, run by Ric Wood https://ricwood.com/

Does anyone have any experience of them ?
Hipwell

Re: “CNC Heads” any experience ?

Post by Hipwell »

Depends on what your after, for a one off A-series head I would be looking at MED or any of the others which there are many.

For a different head he has a CNC program for maybe, although from the heads I have had on the flow bench they are not outstanding but you don’t know what the original customer was trying to achieve.

For a batch of heads with a CNC program done for you are looking at a long time(Years) and five figures.
Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

Thanks, so really a trade supplier, was surprised there was no menu of specs on the site - even as a starting point.

I was told that they supply Swift - but I guess that is to pre-determined designs.....with small changes
Hipwell

Post by Hipwell »

Exminiman wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:41 pm Thanks, so really a trade supplier, was surprised there was no menu of specs on the site - even as a starting point.

I was told that they supply Swift - but I guess that is to pre-determined designs.....with small changes
They might well supply Swiftune, The CNC programs are taken off a master head, so it can only ever be as good as that head. Mosts of Swiftys stuff is done on new FIA legal castings.

Unless your pushing the limit on every component, a well sorted head is not going to hold you back, don't look at the stars too much. From watching the tech videos on Youtube, looks to me that MED are doing heads well. Calver is another option.
kit of bits

Post by kit of bits »

If you send a core unit to Calver stamp it with your ID first 😉
D