Bangers and cash revisited

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Re: Bangers and cash revisited

Post by Andrew1967 »

steve1071 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:05 pm Well said, Mark.

The owner should be applauded for taking the much harder option of saving the cars shell.

It would be great to see the car alongside Andrews similar aged surf blue car.

:)
Maybe that could be arranged one day Steve :D

I think it would be a great story in print of two almost identical S's being saved from the grave.
Simon776

Post by Simon776 »

As a very, very early dry, single tank 1275 S it will always be an interesting car & is certainly worth saving.
I think it would be a great story in print of two almost identical S's being saved from the grave.
DPY 160C isn't that early, both DPY and HOY were built less than three weeks apart in March/April 1965 and HOY was first!

As an aside, and to give an idea of production levels at the time, their body numbers are about 900 apart; the body number sequence was, of course, also shared with the 998 Cooper and 970 S. Their FE numbers, shared across the Mini range, are about 10,000 apart. :ugeek:
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not possess it.
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Fair point Simon, but it's still better that it has had it's shell restored rather than being Ring a ding dinged!
Mark F
General dogsbody.
Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Post by Andrew1967 »

Did DPY have any options Simon, or was it bog standard like HOY ?

If standard it's strange how it was registered within a couple months but HOY took 18 months to be registered.
MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

If the secret buyer reads this - thank you for saving this shell. I always pay my greatest respect when people choose the tough way over the easy route. :!:
If only I knew the power of the Dark Side...I wouldn't have made contact with an Innocenti :mrgreen: