Blyton 2021 - CANCELLED!

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
mk1
Site Admin

Re: Blyton 2021

Post by mk1 »

As soon as we can confirm, we will.

Would be good to see you again pad.
Mark F
General dogsbody.
barnestom

Post by barnestom »

Hoping this goes ahead!! :) haven't been for a few years (Was booked on last year)
Much quicker now with AR1's on
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

Well, I'm sure that it is no great surprise to anyone but in the light of Boris's announcement yesterday, Pete & I have decided that for a second year we will have to cancel Blyton.

If it was to go ahead, it seems pretty likely that it would only be open to drivers, with no spectators or social aspect whatsoever. We both feel that under these conditions we cannot offer an event that would be worth attending.

We will look into the possibility of arranging something later in the year, but this would be subject to current Covid restrictions no longer being in place.

Sorry about this, but we would rather arrange a good event when we can than try & put something on that disappoints everyone.

Mark F
Mark F
General dogsbody.
AndyB72

Re: Blyton 2021 - CANCELLED!

Post by AndyB72 »

Totally agree, fingers crossed for a Blyton at the end of the year and that the other big events later in the year go ahead.
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

not a surprise, and as you say, the right thing to do practically and sensibly.

fingers crossed for a revised date later in the year

Al
gs.davies

Post by gs.davies »

That's a pity and the right decision but at least I am now 99.9% confident I'll arrive in LFF next year and won't be relegated to parking in the paddock of shame with the wife's modern Mini..
Pete

Post by Pete »

We’ll definitely look at another date later in the year but it’s gonna be a very packed calendar once restrictions are lifted.
coopertim
Location: In the garage spending far more time and money than my wife agreed to! Lincolnshire UK

Post by coopertim »

Absolutely the right decision and also gives me a fighting chance to drive the 1071 to Blyton later in the year!