Blyton 2021 - CANCELLED!

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Pete

Blyton 2021 - CANCELLED!

Post by Pete »

POST UPDATED - 23.02.21

Well, I'm sure that it is no great surprise to anyone but in the light of Boris's announcement yesterday, Pete & I have decided that for a second year we will have to cancel Blyton.

If it was to go ahead, it seems pretty likely that it would only be open to drivers, with no spectators or social aspect whatsoever. We both feel that under these conditions we cannot offer an event that would be worth attending.

We will look into the possibility of arranging something later in the year, but this would be subject to current Covid restrictions no longer being in place.

Sorry about this, but we would rather arrange a good event when we can than try & put something on that disappoints everyone.
goff

Re: Blyton 2021

Post by goff »

Nice one Pete & Mark :D .

Well i am ready , Going in this one this year MiniJem MK1 , 1969 , Engine SA1071 ;) .

Who else is going and in what ?? show us your cars
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
morris-miner

Post by morris-miner »

I’ll hopefully be there wether I’ve finished the thing or not.
Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Post by Andrew1967 »

I'm planning on coming along and hopefully in a Mini.

HOY wont be finished so will be in 9748KO.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Sorry, brief thread hijack :?

I see you have a mini at Prescot thing booked for Late May as well, Pete. I'm thinking of running the road run again, but will need to look at dates to see what fits around what I suspect will be a busy calendar after 2020's washout. It was the late May bank holiday last time, but I suspect 3 events in the month may be a bit much for some (and their long suffering other halves!)

Main clash to avoid is the Thistle Run, but also other Mini cooper 60 events. it may be that I look to later in the summer. Weather won't be a problem, as it only rains in Scotland once every few years..... (said the man who'll be in a moke!)

I'll give dates some thought in the new year. (assuming some folks are up for it)

Al
Pete

Post by Pete »

It is abit of a nightmare Al. I wanted to do the Prescott thing in August so had pencilled a date in with them, and within a very short space of time Combe announced the same date for their Mini day, so we looked at the weekend after and Brand s Mini Fest was announced for that date. There were quite a few other Mini dates we had to avoid and quite a few rally and race events I wanted to avoid a clash with so were pretty much left with late May. I’m sure it’ll all work out. Hopefully! :)

Anyway Blyton is the season opener and fingers crossed all round for 2021!
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Absolutely, and I don't think any of us will complain about being spoiled for choice after this year!

Al
AndyB72

Post by AndyB72 »

Great stuff, looks like there will be some cracking outdoor events on next year, local too. All being well I'll have these two at Blyton 21...

Nick W

Post by Nick W »

Thats looking fantastic! Watch those rims balanced on that gearbox don't go over :o
Up North in Sheffield
mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

I have updated the Blyton OPage on the MK1 Perf Cons web site.

All info will be published here & on the site page as soon as we have any.

http://mk1-performance-conversions.co.u ... n-days.htm
Mark F
General dogsbody.