It’s looking like 2030 for E-day

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
goff

Re: It’s looking like 2030 for E-day

Post by goff »

Say no more :o :o :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrew1967
Location: Usually in my garage on the east coast of Norfolk, UK

Post by Andrew1967 »

It's just as stupid in the oil industry .

We make Nitrogen pumping machines that are run with (in the main) Caterpillar C15 diesel engines . There is now some interest in the production of electrically operated Nitrogen pumps.

Guess what is used to power these pumps ... yep, diesel powered generators. :roll:
MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

goff wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:28 pm Say no more :o :o :o
Where did you get that crap from?
I am so fed up with people being so uninformed and falling for every dead stupid manipulative BS.

What you see in the picture is the Austrian recovery service ÖAMTC (the AA or RAC equivalent so t ospeek) using their mobile emergency charger (the equivalent to a jerry can :!: ). This emergency charger is NOT a diesel genereator, but - guess what - a battery pack. :!:
If only I knew the power of the Dark Side...I wouldn't have made contact with an Innocenti :mrgreen:
goff

Post by goff »

MiNiKiN wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Internet MiNiKin, But him who loves these electric vehicles posted a photo of himself running round with the most poluting vehicle , A two stroke scooter :oops: Have you seen the light :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hanlminiman
Location: Still in a Car Home in North Cotswolds, close to Prescott Hill Climb & Stratford upon Avon UK

Post by hanlminiman »

Think I'll go electric soon as the only side effect of the jab is that I am researching my next vehicle. Has anyone else seen the number of cars parked at Rockingham?
SO I'm thinking!
"4 Wheel Mobility Scooter fitted with large 16" wheels this is suitable for use on most terrains. Designed with all round suspension for optimal ride comfort, the sliding and rotating seat ensures maximum levels of comfort for the user. This Drive Royale Mobility Scooter has an automatic braking when steering giving exceptional levels of safety. Powered by two 70 amp batteries giving a top speed of 8 mph with an excellent 32 mile range."
mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

hanlminiman wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:40 pm Has anyone else seen the number of cars parked at Rockingham?
Rockingham Motor Speedway goes from buzzing racing venue to car storage facility used to stockpile thousands of unwanted motors during the pandemic :-
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/car ... -cars.html
goff

Post by goff »

hanlminiman wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:40 pm Think I'll go electric soon as the only side effect of the jab is that I am researching my next vehicle. Has anyone else seen the number of cars parked at Rockingham?
SO I'm thinking!
"4 Wheel Mobility Scooter fitted with large 16" wheels this is suitable for use on most terrains. Designed with all round suspension for optimal ride comfort, the sliding and rotating seat ensures maximum levels of comfort for the user. This Drive Royale Mobility Scooter has an automatic braking when steering giving exceptional levels of safety. Powered by two 70 amp batteries giving a top speed of 8 mph with an excellent 32 mile range."
:lol: :lol: :lol: hanliminiman You need to get one like this home made trolley FREE !!! just find a old pram and a bit of wood , but don't be late home or this one and look at those chimneys puffing :lol: :lol:
hanlminiman
Location: Still in a Car Home in North Cotswolds, close to Prescott Hill Climb & Stratford upon Avon UK

Post by hanlminiman »

Goff. Thank you for the images. Good to see the driver of the powered car is wearing a helmet. The 2nd picture reminds of of the year in the early 1960's when we had DEEP snow for about 3 months. Lucky for my friend and me we were able to construct a wooden sledge from Blue Peter instructions. When the snow had gone, like all mini enthusiasts, we modifed it after sourcing rare Silver Cross pram wheels from the local salvage yard; large at the back with small at the front (not NOS!). I suffered my 2nd injury, a 3/4 tear in my long trousers. Parents were not amused. The first was when I almost took an eye out falling off a scooter as we raced down a steep hill. :lol: :lol: :lol:
A few years later I visited the yard again to source a replacement wheel for my 1st car. I had buckled it on a high curb after over correcting a skid on wet leaves. Happy youthful adventures. :D
MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

goff wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:49 am
MiNiKiN wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Internet MiNiKin, But him who loves these electric vehicles posted a photo of himself running round with the most poluting vehicle , A two stroke scooter :oops: Have you seen the light :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very pollutive indeed, in actual fact it has covered less than 60miles in the past 10 years, as I mostly use my push bike and the tram and train.
You could have said "okay, I fell for some BS on the internet" - but no you carry on regardless. If at least least you would be so honest to say that you hate EVs for no sensible reason and therefor spread untrue not even half-funny BS about them. But instead you come back with whataboutism. That's just pathetic.

And BTW: I myself made my mind up by researching scientific sources about pro's and con's of EVs - rather than just re-posting meme's that support my petrolhead mindset. I still believe that using already produced combustion vehicles is better than immediately replacing everything with new to be produced electric vehicles. But everyone in their right state of mind does so. It#s just that ICE's have a due due date and need to be replaced by EV's to have the abbility to get away from indvidual car ownership transport to a shared and outonomous means of transport and the possibilities to store more locally produced energy alongside. Hardly possible with internal combustion engines.
If only I knew the power of the Dark Side...I wouldn't have made contact with an Innocenti :mrgreen:
Rolandino

Post by Rolandino »

What a load of absolute CRAP ! There is no way that to have charging stations all around the country by then will be up and running. Do you honestly think people will sit and play tiddly-winks for 40-60 minutes while their Everready's will charge up ? NO! Its not the way to go, and all it will mean that petrol prices will hike (and so will electric charge stations too) and no one will get rid of their old cars, especially us, Mini Classic enthusiasts.
A bus gives out 200 times more CO2 than a normal car, will the Mayor of London only allow electric buses into London? No. Will there be enough passengers to fill the buses ? NO. so why go to electric when its not been proven, or is it going to be like the Diesel fiasco?
Its a joke, a complete robbery.