It’s looking like 2030 for E-day

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
JohnA
Location: Up north where men are men and sheep are frightened

Re: It’s looking like 2030 for E-day

Post by JohnA »

A few strategically placed terrorist bombs could make things interesting :lol:
Mini Mad Swede

Post by Mini Mad Swede »

I hate ev's!
There, are you happy now?

So much prefer if we would end up driving on ethanol.
Think thats a locally renewable source of energy?
MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

Mini Mad Swede wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 am So much prefer if we would end up driving on ethanol.
Think thats a locally renewable source of energy?
It is indeed - if humans stop eating, we might have enough acreages to produce the required amounts to fuel our vehicles.
Or alternatively, you apply for your yearly ration of 100litres if you want to eat and drive.
Mind you, the UK only covers 75% of its food requirements, despite its massive agriculturally used areas.
Producing more ethanol, requires even more use of fertilisers and pestizides. I am sure BASF and Bayer are pleased. Make sure you buy shares, in case.

Norway already has an EV rate of 54% on new car sales
Are there no Norwegians in the forum? To report about their horrific 30-40min charging experiences after they queued for 2 hours to get to a free charger.
To report about the blackouts, because all EV-drivers charged at the same time.
To report how they dealt with having to renew their batteries every 3-4 years.
Etc (make up any other CRAP - there is plenty who just believe)

It must be mainstream media hiding all these catastrophic experiences from us.

But as haters love to hate, it is pointless replying with sensible arguments.
Over and out!
If only I knew the power of the Dark Side...I wouldn't have made contact with an Innocenti :mrgreen:
Mini Mad Swede

Post by Mini Mad Swede »

You know, twenty or so years ago I almost bought an ev.
Was at an car auction where there was a Renault Clio electric (unsure of name is 100% correct) and strongly considered buying it!
But didnt.
Then my friend who worked in a car parts store started to investigate what a new lead/acid battery for that Clio would cost.
After ending up at Volvo spares division he got a price of a whopping 100000:- Skr but was offered a discount price of only 80000:- Skr (less than 8000€)
Well that settled it.

But, had whe known at that time you could replace one cell at a time for 2000:- Skr then it would have been interesting.
Even if charging probably was 8-10 hours for a range of, dunno but 60-70 kilometers at best?

Anyone from Brazil here? Havent they driven on Methanol for rather many years.
Made from sugar canes?

Buses in cities here runs on the gas made from whatever garbage can be used to make this 'shitgas' Methane?

In Holland farmers arent (or wasn't) allowed letting out this 'shitgas' from the slurry/manure as it got saved and used for driving (Cant say if or exactly how this worked, read it a long time ago!)

Among the 27+ Mini's I've had, one, a Mini City had the factory fueltank and another for 'gasol' (propane?) which gave this Mini with a 998cc A+ with 2,95Fd and 12" wheels one helluva mileage range, think like 2x35 litre fueltanks.
However, that type of gas isnt environmentally friendly.
Mini Mad Swede

Post by Mini Mad Swede »

if people stopped eating
Well, half a million americans has done that.

Think the Corona/Covid-19 is this planets way of telling us we are to many.
Just like what happens to rabbits foxes etc when there are to many, then our nature sorts it out?
Could be totally wrong as its just my guess.
MiNiKiN

Post by MiNiKiN »

I see you would bend back over backwards to find abtruse arguments against EV. You seem it to be justifiable to get rid of 66% of the population to carry on eating your steak AND drive your ICE.
Or deforest the remainder of the Amazon forrest, to get more farmland - like they do to grow more sugar canes? Admittedly super ludicrous, as even your ethanol car needs oxygen rather than CO2.
If only I knew the power of the Dark Side...I wouldn't have made contact with an Innocenti :mrgreen:
111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

Can this be moved to the off topic section perhaps. It's turning into a bun fight and has nothing to do with our main interest, thanks.
Mini Mad Swede

Post by Mini Mad Swede »

[quote=111Robin post_id=270777 time=1614240435 and has nothing to do with our main interest, thanks.
[/quote]

Thats what I thought from the beginning.
Made one post with my personal opinion in this thread.
But it seemed that wasnt allowed from 'mister electric knowitall' himself aka minikin.

Thought his answer (telling me off as the biggest moron, he had never met) was one helluva 'velcome back' as I havent posted anything nor visited this site for a very long time.

Do better understand what Supersonic/Alan meant with his thread about people dont dare posting due to some who will give them hell if it doesnt fit their opinions.

So please minikin go play with your bicycle and (steam?)trains and veggies as you obviously cant take that we arent all alike and also have different opinions about things.
/Mårten.
111Robin

Post by 111Robin »

For the record, I also have no interest at all in EVs, I may be ignorant to all of the whys/why nots etc. but the basic fact is I don't care, until it becomes 100% necessary to use one. There are plenty of other forums/FB etc. to argue the toss about EVs, keep it there and let us get on with our miniscule polluting machines.
swifty

Post by swifty »

Relax everyone . Calm down calm down . Chill out and listen to David Attenborough bang on why I shouldn't drive my ford transit 3k miles per year . When he has been flying around the world with a TV crew for over 60 years ! . Imagine his carbon footprint vs mine ... HYPOCRIT or what .... That said , the idea of a EV classic mini interests me and wouldn't rule it out .... ken
1963 austin Cooper s mk1 1071
1966 Austin Cooper s mk1 1275
1968 Austin Cooper mk2 998
1962 Morris mini super 850
Porsche 997 turbo S
Ford transit van 280s