Why Is Some Formula 1 Drivers Allowed To Make Biased Statements

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Bart Smith

Re: Why Is Some Formula 1 Drivers Allowed To Make Biased Statements

Post by Bart Smith »

I would like the entertainers to stick to entertainment when they are doing their job. Its an escape that many, including myself, need right now. If the participants want to support a cause they can do so on their own time instead of during the event itself. I watch this stuff to be entertained, to get away from all the junk that is going on right now, not to be reminded of it. Just my respectful two cents.

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

He's speaking out about something he cares about. OK, it's not a great relevance to a load of 50+ year old white blokes in the UK. But is probably more relevant to people of his age & ethnic background.

I'm certainly not going to moan about it.

Please try & remember that this was all kicked off by video of a man being killed by a Policemen in the States by having his throat knelt on, shortly followed by another man being shot in the back 7 times who appeared to be doing nothing!

Anyone who is not appalled by incidents like these needs to have a serious think.
Mark F
"I'm a very friendly Lion called Parsley".

docka

Post by docka »

mk1 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:19 am
He's speaking out about something he cares about. OK, it's not a great relevance to a load of 50+ year old white blokes in the UK. But is probably more relevant to people of his age & ethnic background.

I'm certainly not going to moan about it.

Please try & remember that this was all kicked off by video of a man being killed by a Policemen in the States by having his throat knelt on, shortly followed by another man being shot in the back 7 times who appeared to be doing nothing!

Anyone who is not appalled by incidents like these needs to have a serious think.
I’ve no interest in F1 but I agree wholeheartedly with this statement.

mab01uk

Post by mab01uk »

Plenty of time for Lewis to help and support what he feels strongly about, there is a time and a place. F1 is his job and he should respect that it is a sport and not a platform for drivers to promote their causes.

goff

Post by goff »

mk1 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:19 am

Yes Mark all the rioting , Looting , Burning Properties and Vehicles , pulling statue's down and defacing them , I think Hamilton is doing more harm than good keeping harping on , he has made is point and should shut the fuck up , he as got more faces than the church clock , yes i don't fuking like him either BUT i aint racist , i have some nice friends that are black and coloured and they don't keep shouting the racist card ,

If it was your property ect that got looted by these fucker's , you wouldn't be agreeing with him .

Goff 50 + white bloke

floormanager

Post by floormanager »

Yes he cares. We all care. No one wants to see people killed, especially by the Police. It is happening where he has multiple homes so he could either get involved with politics there if he wanted to or pull his cash out in protest. Btw he also lives in Monaco where there’s not too much diversity.

What happens when Bottas or Albon have a cause they feel strongly about like treatment Chinese Muslims, Hong Kong or the Brazilian rainforest? It could get very political up there. Next race is in Russia (where F1 should not be going but that’s Bernie for you). Putin normally turns up in the winners’ room. Be interesting if he does something similar.
Last edited by floormanager on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick W

Post by Nick W »

surfblue63 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:24 am
Didn't the Ferraris look good in their retro dark red.
Yes very nice.

Chris Rea was watching motor racing on black & white Teli as a kid, and asked his dad what colour were The Ferrari's....Blood red son blood red!

richardACS

Post by richardACS »

It is a bit rich Hamiltons actions. Why not start a campaign to say ALM (All Lives Matter) he is after all of mixed race just like a certain Megan Markle!

For someone who has done the right thing by tuning his craft and earning millions as a result - must be the best advertisment for anyone to notice that hard work and consistency usually achieves a positive result. No one is getting in the way of such ambition and drive so why is he making out that anyone is in the least bit interested in putting barriers in the way of anyone and this has nothing to do with race or creed.

I hope that secretly he is pouring some of his excessive millions into education and helping some of the impoverished people who could make a difference to their lives by harnessing sound judgement rather than just walking around like a bill board. Why is it that a large percentage of street crime is being committed by young black men? do they not have fathers to help and guide or do their fathers shirk self responsibility?

I was astounded that he was allowed to wear such a shirt while representing F1 and Mercedes - I applaud his driving but find it crass and denigrating to be forcing his issues - simply inappropriate...

There is rather a good 'you tube' piece by Jim Davidson and it must be about time that some balance was brought to this subject rather than the vacuous PR being played out by establishments like Merecedes.... :oops: :oops:

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

TOPIC NOW LOCKED.

It is obviously a very divisive subject with strong views on all sides.

I do not see that a debate on this subject can contribute positively to anyone's experience of this forum.
Mark F
"I'm a very friendly Lion called Parsley".