British Vita History Site

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
mk1
Site Admin
Location: In the Herb Garden (Somewhere in the North of England)

British Vita History Site

Post by mk1 »

I am sure that a lot of members here remember the old "Mountgreen" site dedicated to the Racing & Engineering achievements of Harry Ratcliffe, Jeff Goodliff & their team at BRT / BVRT.

This site disappeared from the WWW nearly 3 years ago now & I for one have really missed it, it was a superb reference for all things BVRT.

For some time now, I have been working on resurrecting this site, or at least as much of it as can be recovered. sadly, I have not been able to salvage many of the original pictures or the layout, but I have managed to retrieve much of the text. I have not quite completed the transfer, but it is at least in a semi presentable form.

In future, I hope to be able to add a lot more images & further info.

You can see what there is to see here;

http://mk1-performance-conversions.co.uk/mga.html
Mark F
"I'm a very friendly Lion called Parsley".

mab01uk

Re: British Vita History Site

Post by mab01uk »

Great work! Many thanks for saving the BVRT information/images and taking the time and effort to transfer and resurrect the site, always sad to see such useful websites lost with no back up of all the info. 8-)

Pete

Post by Pete »

I’ll sort the photos Mark and some more material. I’m sure Trevor could add also. I also did some stuff in readiness for an article which never got published with my old mate Norman Grimshaw, I will try and salvage what we did with a view to adding that. It’s just time! :oops:

Nevsmini

Post by Nevsmini »

A forum member bought Harry’s 1071 racer and is restoring it at the moment. As far as I know he got many of the photo with the car, I would imagine he could help on some info and the picture side of things.

trevorhp

Post by trevorhp »

Pete wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:30 pm
I’ll sort the photos Mark and some more material. I’m sure Trevor could add also. I also did some stuff in readiness for an article which never got published with my old mate Norman Grimshaw, I will try and salvage what we did with a view to adding that. It’s just time! :oops:
I do have many of the pictures copied, with permission, from the original Mountgreen site. Plus contemporary pictures of KDK 320 and HDK 443
I can post them here in a seperate post or I am happy to send them to anyone who is interested.

If the forum member who purchased Harry's 1071 needs any detailed pictures of the considerable 'modifications' to the shell and the running gear I am happy to share them privately, please pm me with any requirements.
"Ambition: the first step on the road to disappointment" Homer. J. Simpson
"Disappointment: the first step on the road to enlightenment" Buddha
"Enlightenment: the first step on the road to ambition" Dalai Lama

Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Can the mk1 forum now claim to have broadened our remit into the restoration of a website as well? Surely a first?

:lol:

Al