Whats it worth?

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
IslandBlue66

Whats it worth?

Post by IslandBlue66 »

If you could give me some idea of the current value of my mini project I would appreciate it.

I just don't have the time, space, skills or money to get this finished. The shell is pretty solid, but is getting slowly worse due to being stored in a sectional garage. Being honest, my circumstances are not likely to change in the next couple of years and so it's got to go.

1966 Morris Mini Shell (NOT a Cooper/S)
V5C historic vehicle in my name.
The shell is rolling and has the following parts fitted.

Cooper S brakes
Converted to dry with Hi-Lo's
Right hand tank
4.5 inch miniltes.

I pulled it out of the garage, gave it a quick hose off and took these pics. I've tried to capture the overall condition.

Last edited by IslandBlue66 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whistler

Re: Whats it worth?

Post by whistler »

Can't access the photos.

surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

I see you have got your pictures links working now
Last edited by surfblue63 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Has any body seen a dog dyed dark green?

haynes

Post by haynes »

Tried sending a PM but it seems to be stuck in my outbox.

Where abouts in the country are you, im after a project?

mk1coopers

Post by mk1coopers »

Interesting that it's ended up with a rod change front floor tunnel grafted into it, I'm sure it will make a great project for someone :)

whistler

Post by whistler »

mk1coopers wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:13 pm
Interesting that it's ended up with a rod change front floor tunnel grafted into it, I'm sure it will make a great project for someone :)
I was beginning to think I was seeing things when I saw the square tunnel. Thanks for that.

CMC

Post by CMC »

There must have been loads of work done in the not too distant past, because it's a complete spi/mpi floor, with tunnel converted for twin handbrake cables. Great starting point for a nice useable Mini!

IslandBlue66

Post by IslandBlue66 »

Re the floor...

I bought it as a bare shell, it had already had a complete later floor, boot floor and a front end fitted.

I have owned this since before the kids were born, so over 16 years.

At the time I am not sure if the earlier correct type panels were available, in addition standard or modified mk1's were not worth the values we have now become used too, so it ended up with a later floor in it.

My view at the time was, and still is to a certain extent, that it would make a good solid usable car. I have had the car on the road a couple of times whilst i have owned it, but most of the time it has been laid up waiting for me to get the cash/time/space to sort it out.

I have to face the facts though, it is gradually deteriorating, I don't have the space or the skill set to do a renovation at home. I can't really afford to have a pro do the job either. While the kids are at home, thats unlikely to change.

What I don't want is for it to get much worse than it is, as it stands it is a reasonably easy project for someone. I would rather pass it on to someone that can sort it out and enjoy it for what it is, than sweep it off the garage floor in ten years time.

What I would like is a reasonable/fair estimate of it's current value. I was hoping to get some idea of what everyone thought before offering it for sale.

Exminiman

Post by Exminiman »

My guess is £3k to £4k .....really dont mean to be rude, but the tunnel etc....will always effect the value....in my very uneducated opinion.....

AndyPen

Post by AndyPen »

I it is any help I paid £8K for a Blue 66 850 with a current MOT last year. Front floor pans and part sills were the only I welding spotted... but the top of the wings are through and I suspect more work is on its way. E bay prices are all over the place, then the same cars pop up again and again.

Sadly I agree on the estimate as that tunnel means either a fair bit of work acceptance - which to be fair means easily fitting later gearboxes if originality isn't an issue to a buyer?

Could make a cracking little fun car for someone so inclined.

WE are a fussy bunch on here don't forget ;-)