Out for first time in 22 years

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
Daz1968

Out for first time in 22 years

Post by Daz1968 »

Finally took the cooper out today for its first run in 22 years, had to adjust the timing and tick over a little but it pulls well and revs without any hesitant spots, not too bad really, 7 inch cooper brakes are not too bad, really enjoyed the drive even though it rained a few times, I fitted the tax disc I had from Mark and it looks great.
Only issue I had was steering wheel slightly off centre so adjusted that and I had forgot how stiff non powered steering is on 165 tyres, the mk1 on crossplys is much easier to steer.

It pulls well and sounds great on the pancake filters though, I was expecting a modified head with twin h4’s on a 998 to be a little awkward at low speed but it seems to be fine

Looking forward to a longer run out now

Darren

Pic of tax disc

ImageTax by darren carr, on Flickr

jay weinstein

Re: Out for first time in 22 years

Post by jay weinstein »

Congratulations!!!!

Cammsjb

Post by Cammsjb »

Well done Daz

I'm not far behind you😁

Old English White

Post by Old English White »

It is a great credit to you Daz. It looks fantastic and I hope it will give you much pleasure on the road now. What a shame we can't all get together with our cars this year.

Daz1968

Post by Daz1968 »

Thanks, I had to pick a wet day to take it out but couldn’t wait any longer, still have a few details to finish, mainly want an sa12 coil to get rid of the 80’s lucas gold coil, but can enjoy it while finishing off. Hopefully show season a bit more normal next year,

Andrew1967

Post by Andrew1967 »

Fantastic news, pleased it went well :D

always a little nerve wracking, the first decent drive out.

Looking forward to maybe seeing the car at a show next year :)