M Machine

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
360gts

M Machine

Post by 360gts »

I know things are difficult with the current environment however, I had to gave up on getting an order from M Machine....phoned many times..."yes will ship tomorrow" Never got the order.
I went to another source.

Just had a note from another enthusiast near me....he has been waiting for weeks...phoned Doreen multiple times....same response as I got.

Perhaps they are not shipping overseas! I had a Forum member get me a small panel from her last week...phoned her...he had it in a few days.

Is there another supplier for good panels??
I have used Somerford for some....but preferred MM for the big bits...

Exminiman

Re: M Machine

Post by Exminiman »

Dont mean to state the obvious, but dont they provide tracking numbers?

66Traveller

Post by 66Traveller »

Whereabouts are you? Post to outside the UK is still disrupted. I've always found M Machine to be brilliant.

'S'-type

Post by 'S'-type »

Recently received an order in 4 working days straddling the last bank holiday weekend. UK.
Doreen did say they were snowed under with orders with so many getting on with project cars while stuck at home.

360gts

Post by 360gts »

Exminiman wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:42 pm
A tracking number would be great IF they ever shipped the orders!!!!

UK orders appear to be fine....we are in N. America.....we have given up on them....going elsewhere with our business.

Tagus

Post by Tagus »

Obviously us in the colonies are being put to the bottom of the pile.
A simple "we're not shipping overseas at this time" would get me ordering from a different supplier but to string me on for, not weeks, but months is not good business.

surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

360gts wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:07 pm
Exminiman wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:42 pm
A tracking number would be great IF they ever shipped the orders!!!!

UK orders appear to be fine....we are in N. America.....we have given up on them....going elsewhere with our business.
I sent some items to North America in March, they were tracked. They did not arrive until the end of May. I think some people are a bit jittery about send stuff as it can be lost even with tracking. I think it can depend on where you are if the sender is using regular post and relying on the USPS at the other end.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... t-bulletin
Start date: 11 March 2020
Latest Update: 19 June 2020
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Coronavirus
Update: 19 June 2020
Our air transit routes into the USA are now working well and we’re flying items daily from the UK.
We’re using multiple entrance gateways on the East and West coast as well as in Miami and Chicago to inject into the USPS domestic operation.
The USA, like many places is receiving huge import volumes and has been affected in the same was as all logistics operation; namely reduced staffing and social distancing requirements which reduce efficiency.
We’re monitoring traffic though the US gateways and have opted to move some traffic from gateways where delays are more evident (moving Tracked items from Chicago to New York).
See the USPS website update.
Update: 2 June 2020
Mail and parcels are being moved around the USA and managed through many international mail centres across the country. This is outside of the normal operating procedures, and is so the United States Postal Service (USPS) can manage the very high volumes.
Los Angeles - is processing 50% more than they do in Christmas peak period, and are experiencing significant delays.
JFK (New York) & Miami - is up to date and processing normally.
San Fransisco - is handling heavy volumes and have moved international work to domestic mail centres outside of the normal International Mail Centres to cope with high volumes. Customers should expect delays.
Chicago - were experiencing a backlog and have now cleared their export mail and are up to date. However, they are now focusing on moving military freight and USPS are now redirecting flights to JFK for international items. This is currently resulting in an additional 7 – 10 days for items to sent via Chicago.
Customers should expect delays across the USA, some are significant as USPS continues to deal with heavy increases in volumes.
Has any body seen a dog dyed dark green?

Van13

Post by Van13 »

I’ve been waiting 6weeks,was told 3 weeks so maybe they are a little overwhelmed

mini_surfari

Post by mini_surfari »

4 week wait so far for me too, told 3 weeks also.

redrobbo

Post by redrobbo »

I ordered from M-Machine 3-4 weeks ago.
Doreen did say they were snowed under with order's and everyone seems to be doing their Mini's in lock down.
I'm not sure if my order is just on hold or forgotten about.
No payment has been taken from my account so don't know what to think.
I'm in the UK by the way.