Charles Leclerc to Remake Rendez-vous

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
surfblue63

Charles Leclerc to Remake Rendez-vous

Post by surfblue63 »

The residents of Monaco are set to have a treat this weekend instead of the cancelled GP. Charles Leclerc is going to remake the rarely seen short film C'était un rendez-vous by Claude Lelouch. The original was shot early one morning in Paris and is a breath taking, if a bit dangerous, bit of film.

If you haven't seen this before it is quite a watch. Even the dubbed on v12 Ferrari noise is almost convincing. And if you quick at counting you should spot about 10 Minis and 2 ADO 16s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgPoiKiMRFQ
'ad a luv affair wiv Nina, in da back of my Cortina...

woodypup59

Re: Charles Leclerc to Remake Rendez-vous

Post by woodypup59 »

As you say, the soundtrack is dubbed, but he doesn't slow down much for red lights or blind corners.

Was this the film where they had a stooge on an important junction to signal "stop or go ", but the "stop" signal got ignored / missed ?

Costafortune

Post by Costafortune »

The car was a W116 Mercedes 450SEL 6.9 which, to be fair, had a decent soundtrack of its own. :D

Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Simon Kidston, Classic car world figure, and serial wearer of pink corduroy trousers and blazer combos has recently made a 'tribute' to the film in Rome as well.

The videos he makes are actually good to watch, via his website, and I think he has a youtube chanel.

Al

woodypup59

Post by woodypup59 »

Some great films on Simon Kidstons website :-

https://www.kidston.com/films/

surfblue63

Post by surfblue63 »

Hours of entertainment there.

Just one gripe, on his whizz around Rome the camera suffers a lot of shake, I guess the plastic bumpers of modern cars are not so good at holding cameras as the steel ones of a Mercedes
'ad a luv affair wiv Nina, in da back of my Cortina...