SOMERFORD MINI

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
mk1
Site Admin

Re: SOMERFORD MINI

Post by mk1 »

At Minispares North, they are currently working from 6.30am - around 7 pm every day with around 500 orders a day coming in & going out. They are constantly flat out & any short delays in deliveries are simply down to weight of orders, which are to a great extent handled on a first come first served basis. To try & help this situation they have already employed another 2 people as packers.

In these pretty unusual days when it seems that most of their customers are at home working on their cars, I reckon most of the Mini parts suppliers are doing pretty well to keep up.
Mark F
I'm a rather fat feathery Owl called sage.

Costafortune

Post by Costafortune »

I was talking to Liz at P&L a few days ago and the problem is the same - huge orders and keeping up with demand.

Good for the economy through.

mk1
Site Admin

Post by mk1 »

"Good for the economy through."

Or at least a very, very small part of it. Are the car accessory companies going to be able to support 3 million unemployed though? Somehow I doubt it.

The sooner people get back to work the better, as before long we won't have an economy to go back to.
Mark F
I'm a rather fat feathery Owl called sage.

iain1967s

Post by iain1967s »

johnv wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:16 pm
They're going to have to redo their site soon as it only works on a pc (for me anyway) and I think flash is going completely at the end of the year
Are you using an iPad? Click the “AA” on the address bar and select “Request Mobile Website” to get a non-flash version.

Alex

Post by Alex »

I may be wrong, but I believe the overnight shipping orders take priority over the standard shipping ones - with the current volume of orders it is inevitable that there will be some delays on the picking lists.

Brynmor

Post by Brynmor »

I’ve also found another great guy for Panels, Anthony at http://www.classicpanelcompany.com/

Really sensible prices and incredibly helpful :)