SOMERFORD MINI

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
1071bob

Re: SOMERFORD MINI

Post by 1071bob »

I've always used Minispares online ordering system for all my parts and never had a problem until now, placed a small 'jiffy bag' size order on April 11th and despite a few calls and e-mails its still not been dispatched! Yes I know they are very busy and have split shifts etc.
How do you order online from Minispares North as they seem to have a better track record?
Last edited by 1071bob on Tue May 05, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GraemeC

Post by GraemeC »

Just call them - 01423 881800

1071bob

Post by 1071bob »

OK, that's fairly obvious, So all the online ordering goes direct to Potters bar only? I thought they might split the work between them. Next time I'll try the north branch.

olddave

Post by olddave »

I ordered a couple of small bits online to Potters Bar. The order got transferred to York and I got super quick service from Rich and his team. Plus he's still got his sense of humour :) :)

kit of bits

Post by kit of bits »

I ordered some shocks from the Minispares website They arrived 7 working days later, there wasn’t an option to upgrade delivery..
As it happens I wasn’t in a rush so didn’t matter..
For small parts I just order from minimine’s eBay shop now there still delivering really quickly..
D

Spider

Post by Spider »

I've bought from both Somerfords and Mini Spares a fair bit in the past.

Somerfords I've usually found lightning fast, to the point where I've have a few times placed orders with them and also locally (here in Australia) only to have the Somerfords order be delivered hours or a day ahead of that coming locally. Always been pleased with their parts and their service.

Mini Spares service too is very good, not quite as quick as others, but generally, the communication is good and that's key here I think. Nothing worse than being left in the dark. Most people accept delays etc as long as they are kept in the loop. Nothing worse than feeling one's being ignored.
1071bob wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:52 pm
I've always used Minispares online ordering system for all my parts and never had a problem until now, placed a small 'jiffy bag' size order on April 11th and despite a few calls and e-mails its still not been dispatched! Yes I know they are very busy and have split shifts etc.
How do you order online from Minispares North as they seem to have a better track record?
I think when you get to the checkout page, there's a tick box option to which branch you'd like to steer your order.

1071bob

Post by 1071bob »

Spider wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:51 pm

I think when you get to the checkout page, there's a tick box option to which branch you'd like to steer your order.
Thanks Spider, I didn't notice that, will use it next time.

minimike

Post by minimike »

I bought a suitcase full of bits from Somerford at the IMM, reasonable prices and knowledgeable to deal with. Since then I have had a couple of orders sent to me in BC, Canada. One issue with a parts and it was quickly resolved. Just when I think I have everything sorted for the van restoration, I find I need another few bits!

johnv

Post by johnv »

They're going to have to redo their site soon as it only works on a pc (for me anyway) and I think flash is going completely at the end of the year
Mk2 Cooper
Mk1 project

Vortz marcos

Post by Vortz marcos »

I ordered a part from W&P on their eBay shop last month and it never arrived. Eventually got a refund and a snotty email. I've also ordered from mini spares and got lightning fast delivery considering the current situation.