SOMERFORD MINI

General Chat with an emphasis on BMC Minis & Other iconic cars of the 1960's. Includes information on MK1 Action days.
SMOKE GREY

SOMERFORD MINI

Post by SMOKE GREY »

Along with a lot of people I'm using lockdown time to do jobs. Ordered some parts, only small items, but nevertheless. Placed order at 1pm, parts arrived by 10.00am next morning, superb service.

Catmint

Re: SOMERFORD MINI

Post by Catmint »

Especially when Pete is working on his own as all his staff are off, doing 16 hour days to keep up when I spoke to him last week

Mikeyjim

Post by Mikeyjim »

Same experience, thanks Pete/Somerford!

jerry

Post by jerry »

Same for me. Managed to fire the syncromesh detent balls into orbit, never to be seen again when i dropped the removed gearbo mainshaft. Ordered some more late Wednesday night, turned up Friday. As a bonus they cost half of what Minispares or Minisport charge!

Jerry

whistler

Post by whistler »

I have found recently that Somerfords, Minispares and Bullmotifminispares are all doing a marvellous job under the circumstances especially when staff levels are very low in some cases. Also that the courier services are good. DPD, UPS, Hermes and of course Royal Mail.

The upside for them all is that traffics levels are low which makes delivery rounds easier.

Costafortune

Post by Costafortune »

jerry wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:37 am
Managed to fire the syncromesh detent balls into orbit, never to be seen again when i dropped the removed gearbo mainshaft
I can just imagine your face and the language. :lol:

Brynmor

Post by Brynmor »

I may need to give Somerford a go, have always used Minispares but the apathy I’m currently finding isn’t great at all. Three shipments in the last week have only been shipped when I’ve chased them...what a coincidence !!

Shame really as I always viewed them as market leaders, it’s a great time to make hay so to speak for suppliers like MS etc, but there we are.

Hipwell

Post by Hipwell »

Brynmor wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:59 am
I may need to give Somerford a go, have always used Minispares but the apathy I’m currently finding isn’t great at all. Three shipments in the last week have only been shipped when I’ve chased them...what a coincidence !!

Shame really as I always viewed them as market leaders, it’s a great time to make hay so to speak for suppliers like MS etc, but there we are.
Bit harsh, they (as everyone who is willing at the moment) are doing there best. Think they are working double shifts at MS. Just check the images of there goods out!

https://www.instagram.com/MiniSpares/

Brynmor

Post by Brynmor »

Hipwell wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 10:38 am
Brynmor wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:59 am

Bit harsh, they (as everyone who is willing at the moment) are doing there best. Think they are working double shifts at MS. Just check the images of there goods out!

https://www.instagram.com/MiniSpares/
Not really, I’ve shipped everything from ourselves personally and kept customers up to speed. Everyone knows there’s a challenge at present and made exceptions for that but literally zero communication until I query...as I say I’ve ALWAYS used MS over anyone else for everything for years now, may again in the future but willing to try Somerford as from comments above they seem to be a small company making a big effort which counts for a lot.

Supersonic

Post by Supersonic »

I’m in Northern Ireland and placed a large order with Rich Hawcroft at Mini Spares North on Friday. Stuff with the exception of a special order camshaft all arrived this morning. Great service and thanks to Rich for his great help as always.

Very pleased Mini Spares customer :D

Alan